Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Dear friends,

Well, I am really interested on JA WALL, but I would like to be sure with this step. I have used CSS before but I don’t consider me a professional CSS designer. So I would like to know which are the main problems I will find with. If you can explain more details I will be grateful.

1. I am interested specially in the size of header (because I want to upload a bigger image with the logo of the webpage) , and size and order (left, right) of columns (If I want to change the menu-column in the left for example…). And of course which are the possibilities of changing colours from al the elements. For example, background.

2. Can I include a header with the name of my web and options like social network icons in the top of the webpage?

3. Is it possible to introduce videos from vimeo or youtube without problems at homepage? (Instead of images)

Thank you very much. I wait for your answer.
    I will be really grateful for all detailed explanations of the different process.
    Thank you.

HeR0 Friend

Hi Fitito
    Thank you for your interest in our product. Please visit at http://joomla25-templates.joomlart.com/ja_wall/dark/documentation for get more details of JA Wall features.

Regards,

fitito Friend

Thank you very much.
    I have read it. These are common questions.
    But there’s no one who can specify, explain me these questions? I would like to know the process in a more detailed way.

Thanks!!

arucardx Friend

<em>@fitito 332948 wrote:</em><blockquote>Dear friends,

Well, I am really interested on JA WALL, but I would like to be sure with this step. I have used CSS before but I don’t consider me a professional CSS designer. So I would like to know which are the main problems I will find with. If you can explain more details I will be grateful.

1. I am interested specially in the size of header (because I want to upload a bigger image with the logo of the webpage) , and size and order (left, right) of columns (If I want to change the menu-column in the left for example…). And of course which are the possibilities of changing colours from al the elements. For example, background.

2. Can I include a header with the name of my web and options like social network icons in the top of the webpage?

3. Is it possible to introduce videos from vimeo or youtube without problems at homepage? (Instead of images)

Thank you very much. I wait for your answer.
    I will be really grateful for all detailed explanations of the different process.
    Thank you.</blockquote>

Q1) Yes, you can increase the width of the logo space to use a bigger logo but note that you need to configure the width of the sidebar as well and the related css files for mobile layout to make sure nothing breaks. Here’s a thread with some detailed instructions. http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-can-i-change-sidebars-and-logos-width-together/

The sidebar should be able to move from left to right if you desire but you need to modify the module position for it after doing so. You can also hide the sidebar and use the full width to display your articles. Colors of all element is done in the CSS as well, you should be able to change everything, though finding the right element name is a challenge. But this is a problem for everyone who uses a template designed by another.

Q2) Don’t understand your question. But i believe you mean a black wrapper bar at the top of the side that contains social icons just like over the demo of the JA Wall. You will need a plugin/module to do that or add the code into index.php.

Q3) The demo has some videos from social feed but I’m not sure how you can do that with normal publishing. I do however know that you can post videos with a K2 plugin if you’re already using K2 to publish articles.

arucardx Friend

That’s like a chef who will not cook the lobster because he will not buy the lobster unless he can confirms it’s fresh but he can’t confirm it without buying it.

fitito Friend

<em>@arucardx 333343 wrote:</em><blockquote>Q1) Yes, you can increase the width of the logo space to use a bigger logo but note that you need to configure the width of the sidebar as well and the related css files for mobile layout to make sure nothing breaks. Here’s a thread with some detailed instructions. http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-can-i-change-sidebars-and-logos-width-together/

The sidebar should be able to move from left to right if you desire but you need to modify the module position for it after doing so. You can also hide the sidebar and use the full width to display your articles. Colors of all element is done in the CSS as well, you should be able to change everything, though finding the right element name is a challenge. But this is a problem for everyone who uses a template designed by another.

Q2) Don’t understand your question. But i believe you mean a black wrapper bar at the top of the side that contains social icons just like over the demo of the JA Wall. You will need a plugin/module to do that or add the code into index.php.

Q3) The demo has some videos from social feed but I’m not sure how you can do that with normal publishing. I do however know that you can post videos with a K2 plugin if you’re already using K2 to publish articles.</blockquote>

Thank you very much arucardx.
    In Q2 I refer if I can include my logo, my brand name in a higher size than “Wall” (the predeterminad header) without problems. Or have I to change CSS or something like that?

If someone has new ideas for all the questions, I will be really grateful.

arucardx Friend
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  arucardx 11 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum