Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Ok – so I understand what “responsive” means: different devices at different resolutions get a different layout. And I understand how to modify the different layout options accordingly.

Can someone please explain to me what the actual difference is here from the old t3v2 way though? I mean, in v2, we still specify a module layout and which ones to include and not to include based on what device visits the site. I thought PART of the point of responsive was for the site to rearrange itself according to the window size, like Pinterest or similar, but it seems that I need to tell each resolution what to display.

Is it that v2 was “device” specific and the v3 is “resolution” specific?

Looking for insight and discussion on the benefits of this so I can better explain to my clients.

Scott Lavelle - Technical Resource Solutions, LLC
    Certified Joomla Administrator

Scott Lavelle Friend

So, I’ve played a bit with the layout and now I see that it actually happens automatically with options to modify if wanted.

Still would like some discussion on how all this responsiveness works…

Scott Lavelle - Technical Resource Solutions, LLC
    Certified Joomla Administrator

Stork11 Friend

Hello slavelle,

You can check T3 v3 document here http://t3-framework.org/documentation.html

<em>@slavelle 358466 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Is it that v2 was “device” specific and the v3 is “resolution” specific?</blockquote>

yes, they are the same.

Regards.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stork11 11 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum