Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

The articles on the front page have disappeared except for the very top category. I used the quickstart package to set this up several months ago, and when I checked the site today, I saw where three categories of articles no longer appear.

The last thing I did was upgrade to Joomla 3.6 a few weeks ago. Could this have affected the site? Is this Joomlart extension incompatible with the latest Joomla?

I’ve attached a marked up image of the Magz II demo, with the section marked in purple so hopefully I am explaining this clearly. My development is City of Waynesboro and I was just waiting on their approval of the site, one last step away from going live. Please tell me this can be fixed.

When I tried to add a new user so I could send you the new information to gain access to my site, I get this message:

Server error The website encountered an error while retrieving http://virtualcountrymall.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_users&layout=edit&id=0. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly. Reload this webpage. Press the reload button to resubmit the data needed to load the page.

I need help, but I can’t even create a new user to give you. If you need to gain access to the administrator side of the site, please let me know, and I can then give you my personal login.

HELP!!!

1. ja-magz-ii

Pat Vanden Bosche
    www.patvb.com

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    yes , the template in under progress to update for latest Joomla . at present its not compatible with J3.6 .
    but for the module i can see the module on your site >> http://prntscr.com/c0hycf
    Its article category modules with different category selected in them .

Regarding this problem you are facing in Joomla user manager , i am really not sure what can be issue , may be Joomla is not updated fully and resulting this error , i suggest you to write this issue on Joomla forum ,so you will get a better reply on this question from Joomla forum .

patvandenbosche Friend

Thank you for responding. There are four additional categories of articles that no longer populate the front page of the site. Business, Government are there, but missing are Visitors, Residents, and Services. This is the problem for me.

I have several sites where I’ve used your templates, and both of them are no longer working correctly. Can you please tell me when you expect to get your templates compatible with Joomla 3.6? The templates are JA Magz II and JA Teline5. Both of them are magazine style templates and very complicated. Also, ever since I update the site to 3.6 I can no longer add new users. The hosting company says they can’t support my sites because I haven’t updated to the latest Joomla, and you say your templates won’t work with 3.6, at least not yet. I am under a great deal of pressure from my clients, both of them city governments.

Should I delay updating T3 as well? Can you give me a ballpark estimate when you think these two templates would be updated?

Thank you for any support you can provide.
    Pat Vanden Bosche

Pat Vanden Bosche
    www.patvb.com

patvandenbosche Friend

As an update: I’ve fixed the issue with inability to add new users and the error screen message. But I still have the issue of the incomplete population of the front page. Is there any way this can be checked to see if there is a fix for this? Please? Is this an issue because of the incompatibility of your template and Joomla 3.6?

Thank you.
    Pat Vanden Bosche

Pat Vanden Bosche
    www.patvb.com

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Template updates are under process and you will get update soon . Read our blog posts to get latest updates of templates .
    For the site issue , i need your site super user details , kindly send me via private reply .

patvandenbosche Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.

Pat Vanden Bosche
    www.patvb.com

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I checked your site , site is running on older version of template and T3 plugin .
    Kindly take full backup of site and update the template and T3 plugin to latest version .
    Clean cache and check the problem .
    Let me know if it helps .

patvandenbosche Friend
    This reply has been marked as private.

Pat Vanden Bosche
    www.patvb.com

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Kindly check it now , the module are appeared on site ,
    I applied the same settings on other modules that you applied for the business module .

For JAEM , you can also see module list now .

patvandenbosche Friend

The sections are now appearing. Thank you! I don’t know what happened to them, they were there before, and then they just disappeared. I admit I had forgotten each section needed to be in its own module, but now I see there are missing images. This is an older version of the site (not your fault at all), and I just don’t know what could have happened. I know I had it all current until I upgraded the site to Joomla 3.6. Then there was a problem with adding users. A database fix corrected this. Now I’ll have to get this up to date, and ready for the client so they can go live immediately.

Is this template and its modules safe to upgrade to Joomla 3.6.2? Thank you for your assistance. With all the recent releases, I’m worried it will break the site again.

Pat

Pat Vanden Bosche
    www.patvb.com

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    since you are facing issues with Joomla updates , i suggest you to wait for the official update and then update your Joomla .

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 7 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum