Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I set up a module in the right column for an ad service. However, when I enter the CSS/HTML code in the module copy box, it appears on the live site as code, not as the advertising it should be. I must be missing something — but can’t figure out what. You can see the empty module on the right column. Can anyone make a suggestion?

travelswithtish.com

Thank you.

Menalto Friend

Did you turn the WYSIWYG editor off before you added the code?

trob3605 Friend

No I didn’t turn it off. Looked through site — can’t find where to do this. Please let me know. Then, do I turn it back on after the ad copy appears — or leave WYSIWYG off?

Thanks much

trob3605 Friend

Ok, I found the WYSIWYG editor in mambots. Turned it off. Reposted ad code in module and published. Only code continues to appear on my site.

Any idea why?

hieunt Friend

Hi trob3605,
    Let me know how you entered the CSS/HTML code. I think the problem may be in your code, check the code again and take notice about your quotation marks.

trob3605 Friend

Problem is now solved.

Something magically happened. I rechecked that the WYSIWIG editor was off, recreated a new module, added the ad code and it appeared. Then I put the editor back on.

Thanks for your suggestion. It helped.

lgbtnation Friend

I’m sorry. you didn’t add on the forum how you turned it off. Where? Can everyone add how they did it, so someone else can find the solution? I would like to add ad code also, from google, etc. I’m in the module but I don’t see where you can turn it off?

Also does anyone know to add a banner to this template?

Thanks

hieunt Friend

I think you can check WYSIWYG editor was off in global configuration of Joomla. In the drop down menu, choose site >> global configuration. In the row “Default WYSIWYG Editor:” choose No WYSIWYG Editor.
    Thanks

mfcphil Friend

an easy way would be to use a module that you can simply add the code to

see here

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  mfcphil 16 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum