Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’m hoping someone can tell me what’s going on with the JA templates after installation. I have tried unsuccessfully using JA Erica, JA Fargus, JA Nerine all have Warnings similar to the ones below for JA Erica. I have successfully installed JA Purity and 10+ other non-JA templates on my server without issue. For the templates with errors I do have Legacy 1.0 support enabled and server details follow.

I’m somewhat familiar with Joomla templates and was not able to track down obvious fixes in the code. Please tell me I’m an idiot and have overlooked something simple :confused:

1. THESE WARNINGS APPEAR WHEN VIEWING THE SITE AFTER INSTALL:
    ———————-
    Warning: include(/home/metrixda/public_html/templates/ja_erica/ja_templatetools.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/metrixda/public_html/templates/jaerica/ja_vars.php on line 42

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘/home/metrixda/public_html/templates/ja_erica/ja_templatetools.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/metrixda/public_html/templates/jaerica/ja_vars.php on line 42

Warning: include_once(/home/metrixda/public_html/templates/ja_erica/ja_menus/Splitmenu.class.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/metrixda/public_html/templates/jaerica/ja_vars.php on line 52

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘/home/metrixda/public_html/templates/ja_erica/ja_menus/Splitmenu.class.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/metrixda/public_html/templates/jaerica/ja_vars.php on line 52

Fatal error: Class ‘JA_Splitmenu’ not found in /home/metrixda/public_html/templates/jaerica/ja_vars.php on line 61

2. HOSTING DETAILS:
    PHP Built on: Linux host109.hostmonster.com 2.6.22-9_1.BHsmp #1 SMP Fri Sep 28 23:36:16 MDT 2007 x86_64
    Database Version: 5.0.37-standard-log
    Database Collation: utf8_general_ci
    PHP Version: 5.1.6
    Web Server: Apache/1.3.39 (Unix) mod_fastcgi/2.4.2 mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.30 OpenSSL/0.9.7a PHP-CGI/0.1b
    Web Server to PHP interface: cgi-fcgi
    Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.0 Production/Stable [ Takriban ] 5-October-2007 21:00 GMT
    User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.9) Gecko/20071025 Firefox/2.0.0.9

Khanh Le Moderator

I think you install wrong version of template. Please download the template package for RC3. The default package (without Joomla version reference) is for Joomla 1.0x.

jadenblack Friend

Hi Khanh;

Thanks for the reply to my post. I have gone to the JA Erica download area and I see the version for RC3. Looks like it should be no problem to get JA Erica working.

However, JA Erica is not the template I’m interested in using, I posted to the Erica forum becuase it generated the same warning as the other templates and it has the most posting traffic of current template forums.

I’m interested in running JA Nerine and JA Mageia. The specifications listed on their information pages states they work with Joomla 1.5, but I don’t see any versions for 1.5 or 1.5RC3. Do you have any ideas how I would go about getting them working in Legacy 1.0 mode, or do you know when 1.5 native versions of these templates will be available?

Gratefully, Jaden

Khanh Le Moderator

Hi Jaden,

For Mageia, you could download the version for 1.5RC1.
    For Nerine, you must enable Legacy plugin if you want to use this template with 1.5. However, you should extract the template and upload to folder templates rather than installing it directly in Joomla 1.5. In Joomla 1.0x, the space in template name is replaced with ‘_’ while it is removed in Joomla 1.5 when installing. This difference causes aboev error.

If you did install the template, you could remove the template folder, example, change jaerica to ja_erica, janerine to ja_nerine…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Khanh Le 16 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum