Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

This happens *only* with IE7 and IE8.

I have Purity II 1.1.

The problem:

I have a category list view of 11 items. I reduce the view to 5 items. The pagination bar appears. As soon as I *mouse over* the pagination bar, I lose my left side and right side menus. It looks like the menus disappear from the sides and move down to the bottom.

I’ve tried everything — editing the CSS, hunting down “disappearing DIV” posts in Google. But I can’t seem to fix this issue. Essentially, this prevents me from listing a specific number of categories in the view.

I’ve tried adjust the various widths — widesceen, auto, specific pixel, etc. Still see the error.

I can remove the pagination bar — and it’s fine. No issues.

I can say “list all” in the category view, and so long as the pagination bar doesn’t show up, I see all the categories and there are no problems with the menus.

If I switch back to Purity I template (default in core) everything is fine — even *with* the pagination bar.

If I switch to another template altogether, YooTheme, RocketTheme then everything is fine — even *with* the pagination bar.

This only happens in Purity II when used with IE7 and IE8.

I can duplicate the error on any IE7 and IE8 browser (I use BrowserCam’s remoting service to test various browsers).

No issues with Firefox, Chrome, or Safari.

Help!

bobbytuck Friend

Well, as soon as I post the error, I discovered the solution. I’ve verified this on three different IE8 installations.

The culprit is IE’s ‘compatibility view.’

If I view my Purity II 1.1 website with compatibility view turned ON, I see the disappearing menus.

If I turn off compatibility — remove all the websites from the box and uncheck all the boxes in IE8’s compatibility view options — the site works fine. Menus stay in place and the pagination works as expected.

Again — no problems with FF, Chrome, or Safari.

But hopefully this can be caught in the next release of Purity II.

I added this line to the template’s head to force it run *WITHOUT* compatibility mode:

<meta http-equiv=”X-UA-Compatible” content=”IE=8″ />

Seems fine. I no longer see the compatibility button near the address bar in IE8 when I refresh.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  bobbytuck 14 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum