Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hello –

What I am trying to do is set up my own repository service to store private components and modules. Here’s my setup:

I have created a folder (repository) on update.mysite.com; the path looks like this update.mysite.com/web/content/jaextmanager_data. Inside jaextmanager_data I have created folders block, component, module, and theme. Also inside the jaextmanager_data is a .htaccess file with the following content:

Order deny,allow
    Deny from all

I have tried removing this file to see if it was preventing JA Extension Manager from accessing and it didn’t do anything.

I am trying to connect to a component that we (the company I work for) wrote. So the path to this component looks like update.mysite.com/web/content/jaextmanager_data/component/com_mycomponent/. Inside this com_mycomponent folder is one folder 2.0.12 that contains the latest version of my component; also in com_mycomponent is the file jaupdater.element_info.xml. Jaupdater.element_info.xml contains this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <element_info>
    <element_detail>
    <title>Component MyComponent </title>
    <name>MyComponent Component</name>
    <type>component</type>
    <joomla>j15</joomla>
    <date>2010-12-30 01:32:25</date>
    <published>1</published>
    <version>2.0.12</version>
    <license_type>gpl</license_type>
    <description>MyComponent is Awesome!</description>
    <extKey>com_mycomponent</extKey>
    <extFolder>com_mycomponent </extFolder>
    </element_detail>
    <versions>
    <version>
    <name>MyComponent Version 2.0.12</name>
    <releaseDate>2010-12-30</releaseDate>
    <changelogUrl><changelogUrl>
    </version>
    </versions>
    </element_info>

Inside my current version folder are two folders admin and site. My concern is that in other forum posts (on Joomlart.com) I saw the xml file sitting in the com_mycomponet/2.0.12 folder. Normally our xml, install and uninstall files is inside of the admin folder and it is named mycomponent.xml instead of com_mycomponent.xml. I made a copy to see if it was the issue and I placed the files install.mycomponent.php, uninstall.mycomponent.php and com_mycomponent.xml (which I added ‘com_’ to to see if it would help) inside of the com_mycomponent/ folder. Here’s my com_mycomponent.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <install type="component" version="1.06" method="upgrade">
    <name>MyComponent</name>
    <author>MyComponent.com</author>
    <creationDate>12/30/2010</creationDate>
    <license>Commercial</license>
    <copyright>
    Copyright (C) www.MyComponent.com . All rights reserved.
    </copyright>
    <version>2.0.12</version>
    <description>MyComponent Web Application Platform has been Successfully Installed.</description>
    <installfile>install.MyComponent.php</installfile>
    <uninstallfile>uninstall.MyComponent.php</uninstallfile>
    <files folder="frontend">
    <folder>captcha</folder>
    <folder>classes</folder>
    <folder>recaptchaphp</folder>
    <folder>css</folder>
    <folder>images</folder>
    <folder>js</folder>
    <folder>models</folder>
    <folder>shop_image</folder>
    <folder>themes</folder>
    <folder>views</folder>
    <folder>cron</folder>
    <filename>config.php</filename>
    <filename>controller.php</filename>
    <filename>index.html</filename>
    <filename>MyComponent.php</filename>
    <filename>show_image_in_imgtag.php</filename>
    </files>
    <administration>
    <menu img="components/com_MyComponent/menu/images/jc-icon-16-menu.png" link="option=com_MyComponent" task="default">MyComponent</menu>
    <submenu>
    <menu img="components/com_MyComponent/menu/images/jc-icon-16-menu.png" link="option=com_MyComponent&view=configurations&type=configurations">Configuration</menu>
    <menu img="components/com_MyComponent/menu/images/jc-icon-16-menu.png" link="option=com_MyComponent&view=apiintegrator&form=list">API Integrators</menu>
    <menu img="components/com_MyComponent/menu/images/jc-icon-16-menu.png" link="option=com_MyComponent&view=emailconnect&form=list">Email Connectors</menu>
    </submenu>
    <files folder="admin">
    <filename>admin.MyComponent.php</filename>
    <filename>checkBoxInput.php</filename>
    <filename>controller.php</filename>
    <filename>defines.php</filename>
    <filename>index.html</filename>
    <folder>controllers</folder>
    <folder>css</folder>
    </files>
    </administration>
    <jaupdater>
    <tables>
    <table>#_mce_extensions</table>
    <table>#_mce_groups</table>
    <table>#_mce_plugins</table>
    <table>#_mcron_tasks</table>
    <table>#_mc_api_emailconnector</table>
    </tables>
    <versions folder="admin">
    <version version="2.0.12">
    <upgrade>admin/install.MyComponent.php</upgrade>
    <rollback>admin/uninstall.MyComponent.php</rollback>
    <changelogUrl></changelogUrl>
    </version>
    </versions>
    </jaupdater>
    </install>

In the service manager for update.mysite.com I have the JoomlArt service set up with my JoomlArt.com username and password as well as my update.mysite.com service. I know that the JoomlArt service is working because when I go to the service manager Extension Manager it tells me that JA Extender is up to date. However JA Extender is the ONLY component that is working. All other extensions say –
    “Response from JoomlArt Updater Service: Sorry, this extension is invalid, unpublished or no longer supported
    Please update the service setting or contact with service provider.”

This includes K2, Google Analytics, Akeeba Backup, PhocaGallery, VirtueMart and many other modules / components both open source and paid for. These modules / components are trying to pull from the JoomlArt repository. I should note that this is occurring on both update.mysite.com which is supposed to be my repository service, and another separate website that is supposed to be pulling my component from the update site.

The path I use in the service manager for my repository is http://update.mysite.com/jaextmanager_data and I have tried using my Joomla (update.mysite.com) user name and password and I have tried leaving that field blank. I have not set up a password on the component. Each time I save the service config for my repository I receive this error:

“Wrong username and password. Login failed! Please try again”

What password? Where? And how am I supposed to know that on my own?

Also I really tried searching for a list of components / modules that are stored in your JoomlArt repository but could not find one to see if these modules were not included. In general I have a hard time finding information on the forums here.

Please help this is frustrating and I have spend days looking through this website for a solution. I am a programmer myself and I cannot believe that this component is too difficult for a programmer to configure.
    Thank you.

~Rachel

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

<blockquote>”Wrong username and password. Login failed! Please try again”

What password? Where? And how am I supposed to know that on my own?

Also I really tried searching for a list of components / modules that are stored in your JoomlArt repository but could not find one to see if these modules were not included. In general I have a hard time finding information on the forums here.</blockquote>

Please read our guide (Step 3 – implement the authentication method) to know how to write a class to interactive with your authentication system.

Please send me ftp account to access your service. I need a closer look about what you are doing, so I can give you some advise.

Best regards,
    ThanhNV

directive Friend

removed post

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Please set permission for this account so that I can access “extplorer” component.
    You should also change password, and submit it via support ticket (on our support site).

Best regards,
    ThanhNV

directive Friend

Done, thanks!

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello mate,

I have edited 3 files of your services, they are:

1. joomconnect/config.php
    2. joomconnect/jaupdater/core/auth/authBase.php
    3. joomconnec/jaupdater/core/auth/authJoomConnect.php

Please have a look on authBase.php file. You must modify function ‘check’ to work with your authentication system.

Best regards,
    ThanhNV

directive Friend

Hi –

Im still working on this. Why did you modify the JoomConnect folder?

The repository is jaextmanager_data. Is there some reason this other folder whas supposed to be modified because Im still having all of the same issues and at this point Ive read your help documents several times.

Thanks
    -Rachel

directive Friend

Hi-

So I have been working on this for weeks now and have not made any progress. I have read the documentation several times but I am not able to get this to even work wit the JoomArt repository.

This wasnt addressed in previous responses but I was getting this error:
    “Response from JoomlArt Updater Service: Sorry, this extension is invalid, unpublished or no longer supported
    Please update the service setting or contact with service provider.”

And now after upgrading JA Extensions managere I get this error:
    PLEASE_UPDATE_THE_SERVICE_SETTING_OR_CONTACT_WITH_SERVICE_PROVIDER

On every single extension. I tried to check the service config in the JA Manager back end and I get a 404 page when I click save config.

Can anyone help me with setting up this tool and creating my own repository to serve private extensions?

Thank you
    -Rachel

directive Friend

Hi again –

I was able to get around the 404 page. It went away on its own, possibly a session issue from having too many windows open.

I would like to confirm that I am using the correct ‘workflow’ with your extension.
    What I am trying to do here is create a repository to use with many other Joomla websites. So please correct me if I’m wrong here

1. Install JA Extension manager on my centralized service repository.
    2. Upload all plugins that would be used on any of my websites.
    3. Go to one of the other Joomla installs and install JA Extension manager.
    4. Setup my centralized repository as a service on this second website.
    5. Install whatever plugins / components / modules on this second website and select my service as the service the plugins / components / modules should update from.

I should now be able to use MY repository / service to update files.

My last question is do I have to upload plugins / components / modules to the Joomlart repository in order to use it at all? Or do some plugins / components / modules work?

Thank you for the help,
    -Rachel

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello mate,

Yes, you are right understand about workflow of our service.
    You must create a centralized repository and upload your extensions into it, you don’t have to upload them to our repository to get it work.

Best regards,
    ThanhNV

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Thanh Nguyen Viet 13 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum