Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I’ve racked my brains and think I’ve read all of the posts about adding a new position, but I can’t find enough specific instructions on how to do this. I’ve attached a screen shot on what I want to do which is simply to add a position in the middle center of my home page. Can someone point me in the right direction or give me some details. I’m running Joomla 2.5.7 and ja_puriti_ii 2.5.2

1. ja_purity_ii_screenshot
    dade88 Friend
    kross76 Friend

I’ve seen that information. I just can’t figure out the basic mechanics of what to do.

dade88 Friend

I am not any professional, just someone who have been playing with Joomla and T3 since years. I wonder if someone might help you better than me, because maybe my words can’t be of real help for you.

Anyway, you must edit the xml files (or create your own) on etc/layouts folder. Also you may edit the .php block files but I think is not productive in the long run. Try check http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_T3_Framework_2/Guides#Enabling_mass_positions and proper edit the xml file 😉

Good luck!

kross76 Friend

Hey dade88 – you solved my problem! this last link illustrated exactly what I needed to do. Thanks so much.

kross76 Friend

I have a follow on question. I’ve successfully added the new module position on the home page in the middle. I’ve included a couple of modules there and they all work fine except the “module class suffix” that enables you to customize the look of a module, isn’t working within the new position. Would you know any reason why that functionality would be disabled? It works fine on the other, normal, positions like “right”

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Kross,

Please check if there is any css rule that has the same class with its class suffix applied for that position. If there is, it may override the class of that module.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 11 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum