Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

There’s a bug in installing the header search correctly. As you’ll see from the enclosed images the demo has different styling to mine. Also mine does not work correctly in responsive positions.

I was kind of hoping that the JA Intranet update would be here by now and that would be a fix. However, sadly no word or sight of the update and hence a need to fix this bug asap.

I’d appreciate getting help so the header search is identical to the demo search or even better if the EasySocial header search could be installed. (It’s been said it’s been developed and styled ready for the next update)

Cheers!

1. search1-2016-09-07_0823
    2. search2-2016-09-07_0825
    3. search3-2016-09-07_0826
    4. search4-2016-09-07_0827

Cheers!
    axus.com

Relax. Don’t worry. Have a home brew
    May your crust be crisp and your bread always rise
    A garden isn’t meant to be useful. It’s for joy

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Add below code in custom.css file to fix this on your site

.head-search .search-query{
        width: 300px;
        padding-left: 30px;
        background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.2);
        border-color: transparent;
        color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5);
    }
    axus Friend

Hi Pankaj, That’s almost there but the Search… text does not show up so what do I need to add to fix it?

Cheers!

Cheers!
    axus.com

Pankaj Sharma Moderator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    axus Friend

Hi Pankaj. I mean the static text in the demo "Search…" is visible and when typing a search the text is white. In my search box the Search… is dark grey and hardly visible and when typing a search word the text does not go whitish like in the demo, it’s more a dull grey. Further more the search text does not work in a small responsive mode and there’s missing boarder styling as you’ll see from the new screen dump.

These faults are fairly easy to see and spot if you check for them.

Cheers!

1. missing-stylling-2016-09-08_0612

Cheers!
    axus.com

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi Replace the older code with this code .head-search .search-query { width: 300px!important; padding-left: 30px; background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.2); border-color: transparent; color: #fff; }

axus Friend

Thanks Pankaj,
    The typed search text is now better and as always thanks for your help 🙂

Unfortunately it’s still broken especially in responsive mode. Have a look at responsive mode 360×640 for example and you’ll see the drop down is completely white, no boarder styling and more importantly the search text is invisible. (No screen dump included, you’ll need to look in say PC IE and FireFox)
    This makes using the search in smaller responsive layouts pretty much impossible and thus renders it useless for users.

Tell me, when’s the JA Intranet update due as this would save the need to spend more time hacking this… Just a thought 🙂

Anyway either way it would be extremely nice to get something working and here are a couple more screen dumps so we’re entirely clear what we’re dealing with.

Cheers!

1. search-too-dark-2016-09-08-at-11.22.01
    2. search-no-x-2016-09-08-at-11.27.48

Cheers!
    axus.com

Pankaj Sharma Moderator
    axus Friend

Cheers!
    axus.com

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi have not found any info for adding the new search feature . We used default Joomla search module that is useful for all members . If you would like to request such feature you can raise it Here
    For default search kindly take a backup of site send me FTP details , because search is working fine in fresh package .

axus Friend

Hi Pankaj,

Please tell me I’m not dreaming but…

Have a look at this link and reply by Saguaros. I don’t want misunderstandings but this says it’s done or are you saying it’s not done?

Cheers!

https://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/easysocial-search-styling-in-head-search-position/

https://www.joomlart.com/user/saguarosSaguaros Moderator
    August 16, 2016 at 2:14 am #960267
    Hi guys,
    It’s already been implemented and will be updated in upcoming release version of template.
    Cheers!!!

Cheers!
    axus.com

Pankaj Sharma Moderator
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 7 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum