Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I have uploaded my logo image with transparent background but it looks terrible (Please see link below). The image is a PNG created with Fireworks 8. It seems there are other colors that must be set to transparent before the image looks right. Can anyone recommend a better image editor that I can use to create images for joomla with a transparent background??

HERE”S THE LINK http://www.creativedesignexperiments.net/

gregory3 Friend

I found it easiest just to make the logo a 1 px by 1px clear png and modify the header_bg.jpg There is so much more you can do with it that way instead of just modifying the text. You can modify it the way you want and then pull off the blue layer, save it as orange, pull of the orange layer save it as green and you have a seperate header for each color.

platello Friend

What do you mean by a 1 px by 1 px clear PNG?

I found it easiest just to make the logo a 1 px by 1px clear png and modify the header_bg.jpg There is so much more you can do with it that way instead of just modifying the text. You can modify it the way you want and then pull off the blue layer, save it as orange, pull of the orange layer save it as green and you have a seperate header for each color.</blockquote>

terence Friend

I follow what you are saying and agree with you, just 1 question, with the 1×1 tranparent gif that you created, do you keep the actual logo canvas size like it was originally ? Like standard it is 228 x 63, do you keep that canvas size and just place a 1×1 transparent image on it or do you make the canvas size to be 1×1? If you make the canvas 1×1 do you then go and alter the code in the index.php file to now state that image is only 1×1? 🙂

gregory3 Friend

I changed the canvas size to 1 px. Not really neccesary though, you could just delete the text and resave the png. That should accomplish the same thing. I decrease the image size just to offset any possibility of some sort of distortion of the background image.

<blockquote>What do you mean by a 1 px by 1 px clear PNG? </blockquote>
    The Original logo is is a clear png (kind of like a transparent gif) Just delete the text in the logo and re-save and upload to make it easy.

IF you want to see my end result go to: http://www.scbcmd.com

terence Friend

Well designed website gregory3 !

I actually tried your e-card system just to see…. 🙂 Cool i will try the 1×1 pixel trick cause i want to get my other logo and name on this site and at the moment space is just too limited to do that….
    http://www.hosting-webdesign.co.za just incase you wanted to have a squiz…;)

I almost forgot….. that e-card module….is it a joomla module ?

gregory3 Friend

E-card is actually a wrapper of dayspring.com. I can’t remember how I found that particular page to wrap because it’s not readilly apparent at their site. It’s nice because it looks like it’s actually part of my site.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  gregory3 17 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum