Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am having an issue with some content on the site to where the page has to be reloaded for content to show properly.

One of the issues is that I have an article with a link in it that is suppose to open up in a popout modal. But when the link is pressed the modal will only open up inside if the current article. Only when I reload the page and click on the link again will it open up outside of the article in its own popout modal.
    For this issue a pic is attached named: MODALRELOAD

Another issue I have is I have some content that is only suppose to load on one menu but when I navigate off of that menu to another menu the content is still there and vas well sometimes when I come to the menu the content is suppose to be on the content is not there. In both cases a reload of the page will fix the issue.
    For this issue a pic is attached named: YT-Channels

It seems this happens to other content as well but the fix action seems to be just to reload. Is there possibly away to fix this with a css code or something. I did see a similar issue in the forums but didnt seem like a fix for this one.

Thanks

1. ModalReload
    2. YT-Channels
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi

For the modal display, I will explain a bit the case here. At this moment, you’re enabling the popup view option in template manager for the content, which means that when you click to open an article in the frontend, the content of that article will be shown in a popup window. After that you click to open the link (inside the article), it will detect window of popup only and show modal inside the popup window)

But when you refresh the page, it will open the detail article page. It’s the same like after you open article in popup > then click the article title in popup > it will show detail page. At this time, the modal will show in whole page.

If you want the modal shows as when refreshing the page, you can disable the Popup View option in template manager.

With the ‘YT-Channels’, I see it displays fine: http://prntscr.com/6aepq9 and btw, it’s not JA extension

timeoutcorner Friend

Thanks disabling the Popup view option worked.

timeoutcorner Friend

I forgot about the YT-Channels module issue, the thing with that is that it shows on the page it is suppose to but I have it set to only show on that page with the assignments settings, but it also loads on other menus or pages when I navigate to them from the page the YT-Channel is suppose to show on and it only goes away after reloading the page.

This happens for other modules as well as some others do not display correctly until I reload the page.

Saguaros Moderator

I can’t access your site at this moment, kindly check

timeoutcorner Friend

The site should be good, its timeoutcorner.net

Saguaros Moderator

I tried to navigate through your website but didn’t see that YT – Channels button anymore: http://prntscr.com/6q5cpl

Did you figure it out?

timeoutcorner Friend

I forgot to say that its on the Lights-Camera-Hatred page and is only suppose to show there but when you navigate to other menus it still shows and the page has to be reloaded to get it to disappear. This happens with other extensions as well to where the page has to be reloaded to have the extension show correctly.

Saguaros Moderator

It may due to the ajax in that page, you can try going to backend settings of menu item of page in which this issue happens > navigate to ‘Page Display’ tab and add noajax class into ‘Page Class’ option: http://prntscr.com/6qmzd3

timeoutcorner Friend

noajax seemed to work for the other extension that were having this same issue still trying to get it to work for the YT-channel one but that one is not really a big issue.

Saguaros Moderator

I’ve never used this YT-channel yet, you can also raise the question for its provider

timeoutcorner Friend

Ill do that as the YT-Channel is using the J-Panel extension ill contact them as the noajax is working for the other extensions that I was having the reload issue with. So it seems to be an issue with the J-Panel ext.

Thanks

jbitspartner Friend

Hi Joomlart team.

I am having a similar issue with my site; I have the popuview enabled, and I’ve added some links inside an article. When I try to follow those links in the front end, they won’t show the next article on the same category in carousel and when I click the x button on the window, it doesn’t return to the previous screen but it goes to the home page.

Could you please help me figure out this?

The site is:

http://deepbluelongbeach.com/

The inner links are in:
    http://deepbluelongbeach.com/travel/82-travel/94-past-trips

Thanks

Julian

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Julian,

When you click those links inside an article, each link will direct you to detailed page of that article, not a popup, so it will not show next article as when you view popup.

and as you can see, when you click, it opens article in a new window so if you click close button, there is no ‘previous’ page to return so it will load homepage.

jbitspartner Friend

Hi Saguaros,

I added a target=_blank to my link tag because the navigation was messed up and I needed to have a temporary fix, but what I want to achieve is navigation through a single browser tab. The problem I’m facing is that with the modal "pop" window enabled, links either won’t work, or they will link back to the index and not to the previous window.

Could you please share what is the best way to create inside-article links for them to work properly using "pop" modal window enabled?

Thanks

Julian

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 8 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum