Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Please, do not I know what do, all day someone changes the password of my admin

migors Friend

I thing change ftp pasword, than joomla

zapmp3 Friend

Hello, already I changed the pass of everything and continue invading

Sherlock Friend

Hi zapmp3
    Please upgrade you joomla to joomla 1.5.6
    You can read HERE

zapmp3 Friend

Ok, I updated, we are going to see resolves

Thank you

hanifahmed Friend

You could go in to MyPHPAdmin and go to jos_users and change the password in there.
    I did that when one of my sites got hacked and closed down, brought it back up to where it was in minutes.

zapmp3 Friend

Right, but, I changed for the PHPmy Admin and even so, changed again, I protected a directory with sign and did not change more!

bigrk Friend

There were serious problems with Joomla 1.5.5. Everyone should upgrade to 1.5.6 right away.

zapmp3 Friend

Friend my Joomla is updated for 1.5.6

bigrk Friend

Is your problem solved?

TomC Moderator

<em>@hanifahmed 75027 wrote:</em><blockquote>You could go in to MyPHPAdmin and go to jos_users and change the password in there.
    I did that when one of my sites got hacked and closed down, brought it back up to where it was in minutes.</blockquote>

Crap – I wish I had known how to do that sooner. The very same thing just happened to me. I tried to overwrite my server administration files with my localhost administration files – and that just made things worse.

Luckily I have everything backed-up . . . so, THANK YOU for the tip on going into PHPMyAdmin.

🙂

insales5002 Friend

how do you upgrade joomla without erasing everything? I used quick instal with ja mesolite. My website was hacked and destroyed last night!! Im starting over but I wan to get the latest version installed

TomC Moderator

<em>@insales5002 75256 wrote:</em><blockquote>how do you upgrade joomla without erasing everything? I used quick instal with ja mesolite. My website was hacked and destroyed last night!! Im starting over but I wan to get the latest version installed</blockquote>

Was this some kind of Joomla targeted mass attack? – because it was just lat night that my site got messed up.

bigrk Friend

Joomla 1.5.5 had a serious security problem that created all the hacked sites you are hearing about. It only took them 6 hours to come out with Joomla 1.5.6 to correct the problem and anyone on 1.5.5 better upgrade right away.

chrisandsteve Friend

Hackers could simply search for “com_user” on google, it would display Joomla sites then they would try to invade using the known Joomla exploit on 1.5.5 versions and below.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Hilary Cheyne 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum