Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi
    Can you tell me whether it is possible to change the H1 tag for the logo
    Having the logo in an H1 tag means every page has the same H1 and if I add one at the top of my content page I end up with multiple H1 tags per page. Very bad for SEO.
    How do you remove the H1 tag from the Logo
    Also is it possible to redefine any other elements with H2 & H3 tags ie contentheading, componentheading
    Are these controlled by Joomlart css files or joomla css files and can they be over ridden with custom css files
    The H tags should be available for the person adding content to decide how to use
    Best regards
    AshleyinSpain

Ninja Lead Moderator

1) About change H1 and logo on JA Template

<blockquote>open templates/ja_mendozite/blocks/header.php file</blockquote>

Change anything if you like

2) If header.php is not exist

Copy <blockquote>plugins/system/jat3/jat3/base-themes/default/blocks/header.php</blockquote>
    Paste to <blockquote> templates/ja_mendozite/blocks/</blockquote>
    And do it with step case 1;

lushang Friend

Don’t quite understand how can it be changed to a logo. friv think can’t change the H1 tag for the logo. H1 tag it very important for Seo.

pb66 Friend

Tried this. Changed the H1 to H2, then went into my templates template.css file and changed the h1.logo references etc to h2 to match.

It then puts the text version of the logo and the image version of the logo up together – like the choice in the template options is not being recognised. Where is this being called from to change?

I can’t see any reason for the logo to be <H1> tagged as it’s not going to help SEO. Bing keeps telling me I have multiple <H1> tags on the page and this is bad for SEO as the logo and frontpage item both have <H1> tags.

Any tips for a newbie?

Thanks,

moshercharles Friend

HI ! H1 to H6 tags are used in website but they all are differently used. H1 tag is simply used in Heading of a Web page and it is preferable that we use it only once in our page. when Google crawl our site then it perfectly good as per it’s rules. 🙂

pb66 Friend

Yes I understand that.

But the question is that the logo seems to be embedded within a H1 tag. Once you change the H1 to a H2 tag, it destroys other links within the css calls in the template. Am I right? It seems that the template is accessing this section in more than two places.

Regards,

Ninja Lead Moderator

@pb66: When did you change H1 to H2 and css on JA Mendozite is not appeared yet?

If you change H1 to H2 in header.php file, you need to change css too

<blockquote>Open templates/ja_mendozite/css/template.css</blockquote>

and change H1 ->H2

h1.logo, div.logo-text h1 { font-size: 250%; line-height: 1; }

/* Logo Image ---*/
    h1.logo { width: 329px; height: 35px; }

h1.logo a {
    background: url(../images/logo.png) no-repeat left;
    display: block;
    width: 329px;
    height: 35px;
    }

/* Logo Text ---*/
    div.logo-text h1 {
    font-size: 200%;
    font-family: Arial, sans-serif;
    font-weight: bold;
    }

div.logo-text h1 a {
    text-decoration: none;
    }

greg0436 Friend

H1 tags plays a very important role in improving the rank of the website. If you are using H1 tag in the content of your website for the specific keywords, then it is sure that you will get good ranks for your website.

thodaicala Friend

I think it’s very good, h1 to h3 well for seo

Thu thuat seo

turminator Friend

Hello!

I readed in the last Joomla magazine the following guidelines:

<blockquote>Titles as H1: Make sure your page titles are all marked as H1’s. This is done with most templates in Joomla right out of the box, however, not all of them. I’ve also see a few some Joomla websites that have been modified where the titles no longer have H1’s in them. The H1 tag is used by Google’s algorithm to easily detect the subject of the page (along with page title).

There are almost countless other things you can do to help improve both your on-site and off-site SEO on your Joomla website. We’ve covered just a few of the less commonly talked about ones. If you have specific questions on SEO, you can comment below or post in the Q&A forum on our website.</blockquote>

How can we do to have H1 tags for page titles?

Thank you.

Ninja Lead Moderator

I tried to research on the info you mentioned and see similar requests in JOOMLA FORUM

I have checked page title on joomla site but we could not include H tags in title. You only such H tags on header tags on content site.

You can also check this Luke Summerfield .

johnystrong Friend

H1 tags for heading tag in HTML. . we can use this tag for headings wirtten bold and this form are H1 to H6 . these are heading tagss.

quatgio Friend

<em>@Ninja Lead 339936 wrote:</em><blockquote>@pb66: When did you change H1 to H2 and css on JA Mendozite is not appeared yet?

If you change H1 to H2 in header.php file, you need to change css too

and change H1 ->H2

h1.logo, div.logo-text h1 { font-size: 250%; line-height: 1; }

/* Logo Image ---*/
    h1.logo { width: 329px; height: 35px; }

h1.logo a {
    background: url(../images/logo.png) no-repeat left;
    display: block;
    width: 329px;
    height: 35px;
    }

/* Logo Text ---*/
    div.logo-text h1 {
    font-size: 200%;
    font-family: Arial, sans-serif;
    font-weight: bold;
    }

div.logo-text h1 a {
    text-decoration: none;
    }

</blockquote>

thanks your this post

emechmedical Friend

Yes it is possible to change H1 Tag to logo

tom_laan84 Friend

Why does JoomlArt use H1 for logo? and for page heading h2 ? Why not other way arround? Or even better, no heading for the logo? Seems like a SEO dummy thing. So i’m surprised JoomlArt templates are not SEO optimized in that way.

Regards

Tom

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  tom_laan84 10 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum