Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hi, I have template, and my template index.php has this code:

<!-- BEGIN: HEADER -->
    <div id="ja-header" class="clearfix">
    <h1>
    <a href="index.php">
    <script type="text/javascript">
    od_displayImage('sitelogo', '<?php echo $tmpTools->templateurl();?>/images/logo-bellatrix', 247, 50, '', '<?php echo $tmpTools->sitename();?>');
    </script>
    </a>
    </h1>

This is shown in my site source code (I’m concerned that is has H1 tags).
    I have made my own H1 head modication as told in this guide:
    http://www.newworlddesigns.co.uk/blog/joomla-contentheading-h1-with-no-core-hack/

My article is shown as :

<td class="contentheading" width="100%"><h1 style="font-size: 1em; ">
    <a href="/section_name/category_name/48-My-article-title-here.html" class="contentpagetitle"> My-article-title-here</a> </td>

Since there can be only 1 H1 tag can I remove the http://www.joomlart.com code? I mean how do I need to change it?

theniks Friend

Not sure i understand your question can you rephrase it?
    Regards
    Nik

akierum Friend

Why would joomaart put H1 for logo image when it should be left for article headings??

See my solutions here http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=544&t=524841

I’m using is as H6, Can anyone tell me if I can use it like H10 or how many header types are there?
    Also this this means that Google will find first H6 then H1 on my page doesn’t the order matter?

nefar Friend

Far as I know only up to h6 as for the order you should be o.k.
    As far as joomlart using h1 for a logo image that is kind of odd but they don’t advertise SEO friendly templates. H1 is normally used for title or article head and then h2+ for sub headings and so forth. That being said, just having some H tags in a non optimal order won’t you since there are many factors that contribute to your overall ranking,

inkanet Friend

I belive there are only six of them: H1 .. H6. There is no restriction on how many H1 tags can be on a single page, but sure it is better that you use only one for a SEO reason.

If it is a logo image than simply delete <h1> and </h1> tags.

You can leave h1 tag and put a main keyword for a Logo if you use text instead of image.

thatcomputerdude Friend

This should be set as a DIV ID tag and not a H tag.

ntvu Friend

I don’t understand why you use H1 tag for logo image ?. it’s better use h1 for titile article or you can remove logo and put a main keyword in this.

hotelogix Friend

There is no need of adding H1 tag on the logo image. H1 represents the main heading of the webpage so i suggest you to add h1 tag on your main heading not on the website logo.

shriyakaif Friend

There is no rule anywhere under Google guidelines it says thay you can use only 1 h1 tag. Even Matt Cutts, the head of web spam team of Google had a question answered on Google webmasters official channel on youtube that there can be no harm on having more than 1 h1 tags. The point that he noted out was that it can only affect the look of your site.

taniasharma Friend

H1/H2… tag is use for tell to Google about your keywords priority. It is not use for logo or images. For images you will use div, alt.. etc tags. If you H1/H2.. with image, then remove it and then use right tags for it.

jamboo Friend

Just fix it yourself see here http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/why-is-joomlart-placing-site-title-and-slogan-in-h1-tags/

Solution by Dat Hoang 🙂

All of joomlart templates are placing the logo,site name and slogan in H1-tags, regarding the article titles I am afraid that they are render by the content component of the joomla core and you can change it in the template override as below

Go to templates/your_template/html/com_content/default.php file,Looking for the H2 Tag and change it to H1 as you want.

Tip from Jamboo

I changed also in the: templane name/layouts/blocks/header.php the H1 Tag from the logo to H2.

Now you also need to change this in CSS. Go to your template.css and find the logo style:

I changed it into this ( just replace h1 by h2)

h2.logo, div.logo-text h2 { font-size: 250%; line-height: 1; margin: 15px 0 0; }

h2.logo, div.logo-text { float: left; }

/* Logo Image —*/

h2.logo { height: 0px; width: 0px; }

h2.logo a {

background: url(../images/logo.jpg) no-repeat left center;

display: block;

height: 0px;

width: 0px;

}

h2.logo a span { position: absolute; top: -1000px; }

Good luck

Jamboo

freemovietag Friend

H1 tag is use for optimization of website in search engine like google, yahoo etc.

michelsmith Friend

<em>@jamboo 256657 wrote:</em><blockquote>Just fix it yourself see here http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/why-is-joomlart-placing-site-title-and-slogan-in-h1-tags/

Solution by Dat Hoang 🙂

All of joomlart templates are placing the logo,site name and slogan in H1-tags, regarding the article titles I am afraid that they are render by the content component of the joomla core and you can change it in the template override as below

Go to templates/your_template/html/com_content/default.php file,Looking for the H2 Tag and change it to H1 as you want.

Tip from Jamboo

I changed also in the: templane name/layouts/blocks/header.php the H1 Tag from the logo to H2.

Now you also need to change this in CSS. Go to your template.css and find the logo style:

I changed it into this ( just replace h1 by h2)

h2.logo, div.logo-text h2 { font-size: 250%; line-height: 1; margin: 15px 0 0; }

h2.logo, div.logo-text { float: left; }

/* Logo Image —*/

h2.logo { height: 0px; width: 0px; }

h2.logo a {

background: url(../images/logo.jpg) no-repeat left center;

display: block;

height: 0px;

width: 0px;

}

h2.logo a span { position: absolute; top: -1000px; }

Good luck

Jamboo</blockquote>

Thanks for information……….

sharrons Friend

I noticed that you are using Javascript on the H1 tag, that is a dynamic script is running to echo (output) the value. I would say you avoid the Javascript and use simlpy html to place the image or a text on behalf.

johntod Friend

I agree with hotelogix’s reply, no need to add h1 in the anchor text use h1 only for your main heading and only once in a page.

<em>@hotelogix 237157 wrote:</em><blockquote>There is no need of adding H1 tag on the logo image. H1 represents the main heading of the webpage so i suggest you to add h1 tag on your main heading not on the website logo.</blockquote>

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  jamboo 12 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum