Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys,

Just a suggestion for a template design and functionality would be a groupon or living social style template.

Thanks

TomC Moderator

Is/Are there components available to accompany such a template?

Also, if there is, would you not then need to negotiate/purchase bundles of product from vendors for this to work? I’m not 100% sure of how Groupon/LivingSocial operates – but don’t they, in essence, “promise” to sell a certain number of product if the vendor agrees to a discounted price? What happens if/when they aren’t able to meet their “promised” quota?

stuarta60 Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 258155 wrote:</em><blockquote>Is/Are there components available to accompany such a template?

Also, if there is, would you not then need to negotiate/purchase bundles of product from vendors for this to work? I’m not 100% sure of how Groupon/LivingSocial operates – but don’t they, in essence, “promise” to sell a certain number of product if the vendor agrees to a discounted price? What happens if/when they aren’t able to meet their “promised” quota?</blockquote>

Groupon work on a discount basis where companies offer their products at a minimum of 50% off (I think) the normal price but the deal is only available for a specific time period. Groupon in turn get a percentage of the actual sale.
    Living Social is much the same.
    Groupon which I believe was only set up in 2008 is reportedly worth over $14 billion!!

These templates could be used to set up similar companies at a local level employing self empoloyed sales people that have a territory/region and they get a percentage of how successful the deals are.

There are similar one out there
    http://templatic.com/demos/?theme=dailydeal
    http://www.matamko.com/products/en-masse/live-demo.html

Thanks

TomC Moderator

Well then, this certainly WOULD be an interesting theme idea for the JA Development Team.

I will bring this to the Dev Team’s attention.

jonnylamprey Friend

Any update on a Groupon theme?

TomC Moderator

<em>@jonnylamprey 307525 wrote:</em><blockquote>Any update on a Groupon theme?</blockquote>
    Not that I have seen, read, heard or discussed with/from the “powers that be.”

There are, however, several extensions that have popped up that you could possibly integrate into any given template/theme.

SEE HERE

😎

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum