Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I am wondering if Joomlart can produce something like Group On

http://groupon.com

I believe Social eCommerce has huge market, if Joomlart can produce, you can make big money on this! 🙂

What’s your opinion Joomlart Team?

milsirhc Friend

I agree! I’ve been looking for something like this for Joomla too.

I saw another template provider (not going to link to them) uses K2 + Virtuemart with Joomla to create a Groupon similar theme.

Hopefully once all the J1.6 templates and extension has been done, Joomlart team might want to consider implementing this!

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi sfpkent,

You wishing for Groupon kinda component for joomla? or similar template? Component development is out of question for the next 6 months atleast. We got a huge line up of work load for Joomla 1.6 and by then Joomla 1.7 will be on the horizon.

If its about similar template, then i can request Hung to have a look and consider the request.

Arvind

milsirhc Friend

Hi Arvind,

I believe it can be done as a template that integrate K2 and Virtuemart.

I’ve drop you a PM on another template provider that has done this.

denime Friend

Is there an update to this query?

A Groupon styled template would be awesome. This is a necessity now….in 6 months it will be too late. Thanks.:((

Regards

Derek

TomC Moderator

<em>@denime 270425 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    A Groupon styled template would be awesome. This is a necessity now….in 6 months it will be too late. </blockquote>
    Why will/would it be “too late?”

Also, perhaps you could integrate a component such as THIS[/url] into one of our existing templates for a more unique group-buying site experience.

denime Friend

<em>@TomC 270429 wrote:</em><blockquote>Why will/would it be “too late?”

Also, perhaps you could integrate a component such as THIS[/url] into one of our existing templates for a more unique group-buying site experience.</blockquote>

Hi
    Thanks for the quick response. You’re right..its never too late…but i will need one soon and would prefer not to have to look elsewhere as your templates are feature rich and more appealing than most providers.

As for the time frame…i would like to get working on a groupon styled website sooner than later …before someone else attempts to do what i have in mind.

Thank you for the extension suggestion…ill look at it.

Has development started on a Joomlart groupon styled template yet?

Thanks again Derek

TomC Moderator

<em>@denime 270442 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Has development started on a Joomlart groupon styled template yet?
    </blockquote>
    As far as I am aware, we have not (yet) – and I cannot, at this time, provide any kind of definitive time frame for such.

<em>@denime 270442 wrote:</em><blockquote>. . . but i will need one soon and would prefer not to have to look elsewhere as your templates are feature rich and more appealing than most providers. </blockquote>

Which is exactly why you can/should integrate the functionality via a 3rd Party Extension – such as the one I provided you the link to – into any one of our dynamic/robust templates. In fact, JA Bistro (among others) – with a bit of modification could work nicely for this purpose.

😎

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum