Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I’ve an article set to Content-Type “Text”, Animation “None” and Grid-Type “1×1”. The hover-effect is on title AND description – but the linking only works only by clickíng on the title.

There’s a solution for a similar problem with Content-Type “Image”:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/link-just-works-in-article-title/

Could someone help me to have the linking also on click at the description?
    Thanks a lot!

MoonSailor Friend

Please PM me url and admin credentials of your site, I will help you out.

joachim funk Friend

Hi MoonSailor,

thanks for your reply – I’ve sent you a PM with the login-data to my site…

MoonSailor Friend

Here are what I changed in your site:

<blockquote>
    I’ve an article set to Content-Type “Text”, Animation “None” and Grid-Type “1×1”. The hover-effect is on title AND description – but the linking only works only by clickíng on the title.
    </blockquote>

In file “/templates/ja_fixel/js/jquery.article.js” I added javascript code:

masonry.off('click.fixelpopup').on('click.fixelpopup', '.items.text ', function(){
    var urlart = ($(this).find('.article-link, .readmore-link, .video-link').eq(0).prop('href') || '');

//redirect
    if(urlart.length >0 ){
    window.location.href=urlart;
    }
    });

Underneath this line of code:

masonry.off('click.fixelpopup').on('click.fixelpopup', '.items.video', startpopup);

Now,all items with type of “text”, when you click, it will open article details page.

<blockquote>
    I’ve a longer article with a Read-more-Link to show properly in category-view. My problem: I want to set the content-type to “gallery” and show the article also in a 1×1-grid on the frontpage. Unfortunately, the Read-More-Link – so I suppose – is crashing the gallery in the grid-view. There’s only shown a missing icon-picture… Any ideas?
    </blockquote>

You add the image in wrong way so that it didn’t show in frontend

Image should be added in introtext part of article. I just fixed it for you.

Kindly have a look at this and let me know if this helps.

1. 6439914568
    joachim funk Friend

Hi Moon Sailor!

Works perfect – thanks a lot, exactly what I want. The only thing I don’t understand is the part “Image should be added in introtext part of article.” In your uploaded screenshot the images are added behind the “read-more-id”, not before. It works fine, but I don’t understand it :confused: Perhaps you could give me a hint?

Thanks
    Joa

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  joachim funk 10 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum