Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Really like the template, and have it set up on my site http://www.brightermedia.co.uk but i am having a few issues that i don’t seem to be able to find any answers to:

1) On google search results page the preview image is scrambled – the snapshot looks awful and very unprofessional. When i searched for ja-erio demo I found that you have exactly the same problem so it seems it is a setting or problem with the template

2) Author tags don’t appear even though they are set to appear in global configuration

3) RSS feeds don’t appear on my blog page even though I have set it to publish.

Please can you help? thanks in advance.

Manos Moderator

Hi,

Can you please explain to me what you mean about snapshot looks ? ( also see my screen shot and so i can understand that we are saying about the same issue here)

I will need a super admin account for the other 2 question so if you want me to take a look you can PM me a temp super admin account for your site.

Regards

1. google-results
    emillee Friend

Thanks for the reply! The snapshot is of the homepage, not profile page.

But I think i fixed it by doing the following:

In template > Profiles > User tools i disabled all the options.

I then went into webmaster tools, set a custom crawl rate to get google to revisit and it’s now fixed.

thanks for your interest and hope this helps someone else, i will pm you as well. best. emily

Manos Moderator

Hi,

Can you please check and tell me if everything is ok now ?
    …i can see RSS feeds on blog -> http://brightermedia.co.uk/web-content-blog.html?format=feed&type=rss

emillee Friend

Thank you that’s great! so helpful.

Only thing is that i don’t want the author name to be visible on content pages so I have disabled that as in the code it was also showing the site’s email address. I will see if I can figure a way to hack the author meta tag at a later date!

thanks again for all your help.

Manos Moderator

Hi,

Were do you see that email address ? Can you include a screenshot for me please ?

emillee Friend

I can’t seem to replicate the email appearing in the author tag on the homepage now. Most odd: author tag now appearing fine in article source code, but not on homepage. Not that important though so thanks for your help. don’t want to put you out any further.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  emillee 12 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum