Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I have google maps requires modification to index.php.

I modified the Body tag to include the code for for google maps api.

I Modify the <body> tag as follows:

<body id=”bd” onload=”setUserOptions();initRoll();”<?php if ($option==’com_google_maps’) { echo ‘onload=”initMap()” onunload=”GUnload()”‘; } ?>>

Now the moofx Roller Animation does not load the page with the Google Map.

Can anyone assist me with a work around to get Ja_regulus template to work google maps api?

Thanks

J

ha le-viet Developer

Hi penseur,

You should modify these line to this to make it work:

<?php
    if ($option == 'com_google_maps') {
    echo "<body id=\"bd\" onload=\"setUserOptions();initRoll();initMap();\" onunload=\"GUnload()\">";
    } else {
    echo "<body id=\"bd\" onload=\"setUserOptions();initRoll();>";
    }
    ?>

penseur Friend

Thank you for your quick response:)

I removed

<body id=”bd” onload=”setUserOptions();initRoll();”>

and replaced it with:

<?php
    if ($option == ‘com_google_maps’) {
    echo “<body id=\”bd\” onload=\”setUserOptions();initRoll();initMap();\” onunload=\”GUnload()\”>”;
    } else {
    echo “<body id=\”bd\” onload=\”setUserOptions();initRoll();>”;
    }
    ?>

This time the google map api worked with moofx , but the pages without the google map do not load moofx ?

J

ha le-viet Developer

Hi penseur,

The pages without google map will work because in any case, the javascript function initRoll() is always called.

Could you give me the URL of your site so I can see how things are going?

jbrowdy Friend

I am also having trouble with google maps. Are you altering the body tags in the index.php file, or elsewhere?

mattstahl Friend

If I recall correctly, version 2.6 of the Google maps component no longer requires modification of the body tag at all. I’d suggest you go back to the stock body tag and upgrade Google Maps. I have both features you reference working on my site.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mattstahl 17 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum