Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

First, I wanted to say hello to the Joomla Community. I am a Consultant for a Marketing Services Group in Salt Lake City and have been working with Joomla for about 6 months now. My hobby is Model Rocketry and my site I have been working on is RocketDogHobby.com. I am sure you all will probably see a number of things wrong with my site, but please consider that this is my first foray into building a web site. I very much welcome constructive criticism.

My main question right away is how to integrate Google Check-Out with Virtue-Mart. Google talks about the API but I am not sure of where to go from there. If this is not the right forum for this type of question, please direct me to the right one. Thanks in advance for any help. 😎

steveo Friend

Hi Bruce …wild site!! 🙂

One thing, about your layout, on you main page you say “in the picture on the right”, its on the left 🙂

Sorry, you’ll have read that page a thousand times and missed the typo – I’ve done the same so many times :-[

To answer your question:

The best place to ask is the Virtuemart site at: http://virtuemart.net because that is where the appropriate API will be developed/made available.

As far as I know, VirtueMart doesn’t [yet] support Google Checkout – the payment modules that it does support will be listed somewhere, I’m sure, but I can’t find a link just now.

I’d suggest you post a query in the VirtueMart forums.

If you also install VirtueMart on your site you can easily go through all of its set-up options, and hence see the payment options (you might find something else that is useful to you), all without your shop being “live” to casual visitors – just mark its menu entry as viewable by “Special” members/vistors only.

HTH

Steve

Hung Dinh Friend

Google Checkout is still not very widely supported and stored value product are restricted.
    Also, It is quite new so I think you must wait a while for VitueMart guys support this payment option

birdoasis Friend

So how is joomlart using google checkout? Are you guys not using virtuemart?

Do you have a solution that uses google checkout?

John Patrick,
    http://www.birdoasis.com

ErikThorsen Friend

Yeah, I have been wondering a bit about this as well. How does this work on Joomlart?
    Please do let us know!

Hung Dinh Friend

birdoasis, we are not using Virtuemart cause it seems not suitable for subscription managment. GCheckout does support subscription restrictedly.
    To ErikThorsen: I use amember and develope the Google Checkout plugins (and some other plugins) to work with Joomla and Vbulletin. Also, you have been arround and very helpful, thanks a lot!

testuser1 Friend

Hi

Do you use the standard $40 Joomla-Amember plugin? If so, does it work well?

I am looking for a good subscription system and I am wondering if I should go with Amember or Password Protect (ASCAD Networks) or a fully Joomla solution, like Subscription Pro.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Khanh Le Moderator

We don’t use Joomla and Google Checkout plugin from amember. We develop these plugins to fully integrate with our download system and forums.

psunite Friend

There is a working Google Checkout module for VirtueMart at
    http://www.powersellersunite.com/googlecheckout.php

dattard1 Friend

There’s also an independent Google Checkout module for Joomla, however this is independent from Joomla!

http://www.dart-creations.com/joomla/joomla-modules/joomla-google-checkout-donation-buy-now-module.html

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  dattard1 10 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum