Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Tried out the Zite template on local host and get Google API Error when i click ‘event’ in main menu. I have created a new API but does not know where to insert it in template.

freissmann Developer

todhost,
    without further investigation it sound like an issue with JA Google Maps Extension (which looks like is used at bottom of event page).
    We faced the same issue before and there is so far no fix for that. Google changed API settings where no API code is necessary any more to interact with Google Maps service.

However JA Google Maps Extension is not updated so far. We are using ZH Google Maps instead.
    So try disable JA Google Maps module and try again.

MoonSailor Friend

Hi todhost,

Could you please be more specific so that I can offer the proper help? (such as screenshots of the issues?)

Thanks

tom_laan84 Friend

<em>@freissmann 329055 wrote:</em><blockquote>We are using ZH Google Maps instead.</blockquote>

Hi Freissmann, Thnx for the tip! Seems like a pretty neat Component / Plugin. Do you know if it is supposed to work like it does with the JA Google Maps?

I Added the {zhgooglemap:1} in place of the JA_GMAPS code in the contact field. But it displays the text instead of the map. I like the looks of the page as it was for default so i really want this to work.

Tom

freissmann Developer

hi Tom,

make sure “Zh GoogleMap Plugin” is activated in the plugin-manager.

tom_laan84 Friend

Hi, wow thanks for the quick reply. I did, but nothing happened.

freissmann Developer

pls send admin URL and admin account data by PM so I can check.

Frank

tom_laan84 Friend

<em>@freissmann 337436 wrote:</em><blockquote>pls send admin URL and admin account data by PM so I can check.

Frank</blockquote>

I don’t know if you recieved it but i’ve sent it.

THNX!

egbox Friend

Hi, (sorry about my bad english) im using joomla 3 and the Zh GooglaMaps plugin for Joomla 3 (enabled in the plugin manager). I Added the {zhgooglemap:1} in place of the JA_GMAPS code in the contact field position, but it dont work. I Added it in an Articel, and it works. Is there a any way how to get a google map like in the JA Zite demo “contact us” without the API Key problem?

tom_laan84 Friend

Hi,

I never got a working solution.

I nowadays never use the standard “Contact” solution in Joomla. For me it is way too limited when it comes to the e-mails and fields.

I use RSForms!Pro on every site now. it is a great solution. It gives unlimited freedom over your contact form, i just add the Google Maps through the “Custom Layout” feature and get the google code from maps.google.com itself. Works like a charm for me.
    It has a “hidden captcha” function too. for more info: http://www.rsjoomla.com. And no i’m in no way affiliated with them. I just love their products.

Regards

Tom van der Laan
    TLWebdesign.nl

egbox Friend

I try it, thanks for your feedback.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  egbox 11 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum