Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I am currently using Joomla 1.6 for this template. Does any one have a clue on how to install Google Analytics?:confused: Any and all help is appreciated.

chavan Friend

you can use one of these extensions in joomla extensions directory

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/site-management/site-analytics

bramewave Friend

Where do I place the tracking code? I cant find the /head tag it is not in the index.php file

Phill Moderator

Here is the simplest way to add Google or any other analytics/tracking code to this template although there are plugins available on the JED that will aslo do the job if you do not like playing with the code.

Copy the file plugins>system>jat3>jat3>base-themes>default>page>default.php into templates>ja_your-template-name>page>default.php and insert your analytics code just before the </head> tag as per below.

<head>
    <?php //gen head base on theme info
    $this->showBlock ('head');
    ?>
    <?php
    $blocks = T3Common::node_children($this->getBlocksXML ('head'), 'block');
    foreach ($blocks as $block) :
    $this->showBlock ($block);
    endforeach;
    ?>

<?php echo $this->showBlock ('css') ?>
    ************YOUR ANALYTICS CODE HERE*************
    </head>

bramewave Friend

the page folder is not present in my template folder…Do I need to create it and place the default.php file in there?

Phill Moderator

Please re-read what I wrote above. It tells you to copy the folder from the plugin folder into your template folder.

<blockquote>Copy the file plugins>system>jat3>jat3>base-themes>default>page>default.php into templates>ja_your-template-name>page>default.php and insert your analytics code just before the </head> tag as per below.

</blockquote>

bramewave Friend

Do I need all the contents of that folder? I just made a page folder under my templates, I placed the default.php in there and it seems to be working, Just want to be sure I am doing this correctly.

Phill Moderator

That is fine. The new page/default.php simply overrides the one in the plugin folder.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Phill 13 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum