Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I am trying to install Tracking Code for Google Analytics. Google ask’s to :

“Paste this code on your site
    Copy the following code, then paste it onto every page you want to track immediately before the </body> tag.”

Though I am unable to find this tag in JA_Rasite index.php and DOES NOT show in index.html

How should I go about installing (this code).
    thx

Phill Moderator

Take a look in layout>default.php , handheld.php and iphone.php

zorroson Friend

Iwadeaz,

May I suggest using something like http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/site-management/site-analytics/6170 instead? That way you can still upgrade templates without having to worry/remember to re-insert analytics code afterwards 😉

/Zorroson 😉

bryantwest Friend

Definitely go with the pluggin listed above… will save you many hours of mucking around!
    Highly recommended.

Phill Moderator

Many hrs of mucking around? Nah, it only takes a couple of mins to add the code. How often does the average website change template? Once a year or lees I would say. While the plugin is good, if you know how to do it then add the code. The plugin has to be processed every page load, it might not be much but on a popular site I think it is better to add the code yourself.

Bernard Toplak Friend

I fully agree that using plugin for simple task as GoogleAnalytics code is overhead for processing.

And also I’d recommend to use a new, asynchronous loading JS code that will not slow down loading of your page as the standard one does. Just take care to read the documentation carefully and put it at the beginning of <body> tag (not at the end as usual)! This can notably speed up loading on very busy sites…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Bernard Toplak 14 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum