Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

We have seen the demo and it looks professional, and most of us have been waiting for this for a long time.
    I just wanted to get some answers that I think might help others in my situation. I have been using Teline II and from some of the post on Teline IV there would be no migration from the other telines, therefore it would be helpful to guide some of us who have been using previous telines and have tons of articles in those templates.
    The simple question is if I have articles from my teline II, and I decide to install Teline IV( I believe to do this, I would have to delete teline II and do new install using the quickstart package as was done in the teline II era -(correct me if I am wrong on this)). By doing this I will lose all my contents including other third party modules and even plugins and articles.
    Well, will there be a way to move some or all of my articles to the new Teline IV

TomC Moderator

I may be wrong – but wouldn’t one be able to migrate the MySQL database info to the new database?

just a shot in the dark

akwasi_c Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 206595 wrote:</em><blockquote>I may be wrong – but wouldn’t one be able to migrate the MySQL database info to the new database?

just a shot in the dark</blockquote>

Any pro care to help with an answer?

TomC Moderator

<em>@akwasi_c 206607 wrote:</em><blockquote>Any pro care to help with an answer?</blockquote>

Gee, sorry for wasting your time trying to help.

akwasi_c Friend

<em>@akwasi_c 206607 wrote:</em><blockquote>Any pro care to help with an answer?</blockquote>

LOL no offense, I was looking for confirmation in support of your statement, because you started with <blockquote>I may be wrong</blockquote>, sorry for using the word ‘pro’ because I was just refering to the people from joomlart, to confirm your answer.
    Anyway you help explain how it could be accomplished(talking about the migration process)
    Thanks

rashoom Friend

Hello,

You may try this useful free component from joomla extensions : com_export_content
    Good luck

VisiGod Friend

Sorry guys, but what kind of export of content are you talking about? You simply need to install the new template and modules and tune them…

akwasi_c Friend

<em>@rashoom 206634 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello,

You may try this useful free component from joomla extensions : com_export_content
    Good luck</blockquote>

May be you mis-understood my point, let’s say you run a newspaper with Teline II and have thousands of articles(most have caption images with the articles, so need to consider the image folder), pictures(using sobi com for image gallery), using directory component with business listing, and many more. Oh I even have jomsocial component in my Teline II.
    I read from one of the post from Teline IV(Laying the keel thread) that there is no migration from any of the Telines to Teline IV. This means I would have to delete everything about Teline II in order to install Teline IV(using the quickstart).
    So my question is how do I salvage some or most of my information from Teline II that I am using now to the new Teline IV if I decide to move to Teline IV

cssyeah Moderator

Hi akwasi_c

You can manually upgrade to the teline iv by following the steps below:

Note: Install a teline iv quickstart to reference the configuration.

Step 1: Install the T3v2 Frame work ( public it ).
    Step 2: Install the JA Teline iv template and make default.
    Step 3: Install the JA News pro.
    Step 4: Install the JA News fp.

You can see how to configure the JA news pro and JA News fp from the Teline iv quickstart.

James Weston Friend

Hi trungch do you install the T3V2 in http://www.yourdomain.com/administrator/index.php in the admin there?

I cannot get the T3 zipfile to upload.

Css Magician Friend

Dear origomedia,

<blockquote>Step 1: Install the T3v2 Frame work ( public it ).</blockquote> download JA T3 System plugin for Joomla 1.5

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Css Magician 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum