Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have a quick question, though it may seem stupid. This is my first time using Joomla, and I want to know is that if I add my content with the default template, if I purchase a template from you guys, will all of the content transfer over? Or is it just a better idea to purchase the template first before adding anything. Thanks.

instantinlaw Friend

Hi
    Any content you add in Joomla stays with your site when you add a new template, but….

Any configuration you did to the first template will need to be changed for the new template. So for instance, say you put certain content in user 9 position and the new template does not have a user 9 position, it will not show up on the new template. So you will either have to make a user 9 position or move the content from user 9 to some other available position in the new template.

Personally I think its best to get the template you want first before doing any kind of configuration, but you can add all the content you want before getting the new template, because none of that will change.

Hope to see you in the forums:)

TomC Moderator

<em>@instantinlaw 16696 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi
    Any content you add in Joomla stays with your site when you add a new template, but….

Any configuration you did to the first template will need to be changed for the new template. So for instance, say you put certain content in user 9 position and the new template does not have a user 9 position, it will not show up on the new template. So you will either have to make a user 9 position or move the content from user 9 to some other available position in the new template.

Personally I think its best to get the template you want first before doing any kind of configuration, but you can add all the content you want before getting the new template, because none of that will change.

Hope to see you in the forums:)</blockquote>

So, if I want to start from scratch with a JA template just as it appears in the demo, and if I had previously tweaked a thing here and there within Joomla on other templates, then should I perhaps uninstall Joomla alltogether and then reinstall it with all of the original configurations?

Does it make a difference if I install the Joomla + VirtueMart complete package (from the VirtueMart site)?

TOM

instantinlaw Friend

tcraw1010;16702So, if I want to start from scratch with a JA template just as it appears in the demo, and if I had previously tweaked a thing here and there within Joomla on other templates, then should I perhaps uninstall Joomla alltogether and then reinstall it with all of the original configurations?

Does it make a difference if I install the Joomla + VirtueMart complete package (from the VirtueMart site)?

TOM

Hi
    1. No need to re-install Joomla and/or Virtuemart.
    2. It makes no diffrence if you are using the seperate packages of Joomla and Virtuemart, or the complete package. I am using the complete package.
    3. No matter what template you use, you are going to have to do some tweaking to get the site to look like the demo anyway.
    I hope this clears thing up a bit

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  instantinlaw 16 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum