Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I have created a site based on Ja Mers Template (http://www.hellomister.de/ka-ro-show).
    The problem is that most of the times (but not always) the german and other special characters like ä,ö,ü,é, á … show as ö, ä … i have installed the akeeba admin tools and set the database collation to utf-general-ci … but no change…

The problem most likely lies in the charset encoding…
    sometimes the browser gets it right (uses UTF-8) and sometimes not (uses ISO 8859-1)…

Problem (most often the browser does not get it right)

Correct.. sometimes the browser gets it right..

I found this blog http://www.phpwact.org/php/i18n/charsets helpful but dont know how to use this information to fix my site…

any suggestions?

1. encodingproblem
    2. charactersetcorrect
    pixelzombie Friend

Hi Patrick,

is it possible at your host to use the .htaccess file? You just have to rename the htaccess.txt (joomla root) to .htaccess and add

AddDefaultCharSet utf-8

Also you have to change the global configuration and set the mod_rewrite option to yes.

Maybe this helps.

Cheers

Frank

patrickoswald Friend

Hi Frank…

I did as you recommended with the .htaccess-file and also changed the default charset at my webhosting and now it seems to work.
    thanks.

saminora Friend

Hi Frank,
    thanx. On my site (ironis template) it worked too!
    cheers
    martin

zisa Friend

I have same issue,

When I edit my site, ja mers,
    there is a problem in Turkish characters ‘ı’ and ‘ş’ they appear after save ‘?’
    in Module Manager: Module Custom HTML

Waiting for help…

1. 2
    2. 1
    Stork11 Friend

Hello zisa,

Please try it with a default installation of Joomla (the installation downloaded from joomla.org) to check if issue still occurs or not. Because JA Mers stylesheet only affects front-end, the template got nothing to do in the backend. Please try this on default joomla installation first, so that we can rule out if its a JA issue.

Regards.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Stork11 11 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum