Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I would like to create around 100 joomla pages, each with its own separate FAQ. The LAW template uses around 7 modules for its FAQ. This would mean I could theoretically end up with 700 modules or more in the database? Would this have any impact on site performance?

In Joomla admin, there is a dropdown which indicates ‘show 500’ in the modules section. This implies we could created hundreds of modules without impacting on performance? Is that correct? Is it safe for me to plan my website with over 100 pages with individual FAQ sections and create the 700+ modules needed? Remember, each joomla page will only show 7 modules.

Is there any limit to the number of modules we can have?

• This topic was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by  mazhar shah.
    Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    When u create more module or any content on a site no matter which template you are using it always use the resources of the server to load the content. So if your server configurations are not very good it may reduce the site speed and consume server resources depend on the limits or your server account.
    You can check the consumption of the load in your hosting account section.
    There is no limit of the module but it reduces the loading speed of page if you will load 700 item as a single instance.

Regards

mazhar shah Friend

Thank you. This is the sentence which matters: "There is no limit of the module but it reduces the loading speed of page if you will load 700 item as a single instance."

On my site, ‘single instances’ of any page only have about 8 modules maximum. (But in Admin I will have many hundreds of modules). So thats good.

Thank you for your advice.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Yes, besides this you can post the question on Joomla forum as admin side module are the load on Joomla admin and you can get more information about the DB size and resource use etc.

Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 6 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum