Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I have two modules. One in footer-1 and the other in footer-2 position. They display fine on larger screens but when they are single columned on smaller screens, they retain their ‘min-height’ style (set to make each column the same height), and so have large gaps in between them.

E.g. Large screen, 2 columned:

• footer1 footer2
    • footer1 footer2
    • (gap) footer2
    • (gap) footer2

Small screen, single column:

• footer1
    • footer1
    • (gap) <—- shouldn’t be there
    • (gap) <—- shouldn’t be there
    • footer2
    • footer2
    • footer2
    • footer2

The min-height is set by some javascript, so I got around it by setting this in a custom.css, but it seems like this is a bug and should be fixed properly.

Here’s my css to overwrite this, at my particular breakpoint (could be different for others):

@media (max-width: 992px) {
      .col-sm-12, .col-xs-12 {
        min-height: initial!important; /* resets min-height property*/
      }
    }

I.e. this is ‘solved’ but it would be good to properly fix it.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by  nathankeen.
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi @nathankeen,

You can share the URL and screenshot highlighting the issue, I will check for you.

nathankeen Friend

The problem is slightly hidden, but still there on the demo page: http://www.joomlart.com/demo/#ja_mono

The tweet text in position footer-3 is slightly smaller than the other two footer elements. When you view on a smaller width, you can see that the spacing is not quite right. If you remove min-height, you should be able to see what’s wrong. (It will add itself immediately back, but, it’s enough to see.)

When there is a lot more text in one footer element, as in my case, the problem is A LOT worse.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

Do you mean these space? http://prntscr.com/hjr4dg

You can open the file: root/templates/ja_mono(your default template)/css/custom.css (create this file if it doesn’t exist)

add this custom css:

@media (max-width: 767px) {
      .t3-footnav .t3-module {
        padding-top: 0px;
        padding-bottom: 0px;
      }
    }

then change the padding-top and padding-bottom with your desired value.

Regards

nathankeen Friend

No.

1. Add a whole bunch of text, with many lines to ONE of the footer modules (e.g. contact)
    2. View it on mobile

You will see very large gaps in the footer modules that you didn’t add content to, because they are still set – by Javascript with min-height – to equalise when they are side-by-side. However, this JavaScript should be turned off for when they are made into a single column.

Saguaros Moderator

Kindly share screenshots illustrating the modification you expect, I will help you out.

nathankeen Friend

You can do this yourself via the live demo.

1. Add in several extra lines of content via developer tools to ONE footer, like so:
      https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D6609701_08859726_961260

2. View it with a mobile screen:
      https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D6609701_08859726_961253
    Saguaros Moderator

Hi,

I got your point. The modules in the footer block are assigned to spotlight block which is using the equal height so it can display nicely in desktop view. However, in mobile view, it still keeps that min-height value. You can add this custom CSS to fix the heigh in mobile view:

@media (max-width: 480px) {
    .t3-footnav .col:nth-child(2),
    .t3-footnav .col:nth-child(3) {
        min-height: 260px !important;
    }
    }

This style will apply to the second and third module.

Regards

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 6 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum