Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

I use Ark Media manager to prevent acces to all image folder. it is helpful for user also, he/she can access only his/her own folder… anyway.

With Gallery i cant use Ark Media Manager, because when i click add image it gives default joomla media manager. so i talked with Ark Media and they told me following thing:

There is only one other criteria that the page must pass in order for the Ark Media to be loaded in, it’s a bit techy so I’ll try and simplify the explanation! Basically when Joomla loads in the content fields it fires the above mentioned onContentPrepareForm event for custom extensions to merge extra data & fields in. For example the Article page contains fields such as a title and category list etc. The Article page also loads in a field called “media” which loads up the media manager in places like the “Intro Image” etc. It is then that the Ark Media looks for all “media” fields and swaps them for the Ark Media instead. This means that if the JA template is correctly loading using Joomla’s onContentPrepareForm event then it must also be adding Joomla’s default “media” field for the Ark Media to intercept otherwise it will be skipped.

Therefore JA may be using a custom field to load the media manager which the Ark Media won’t know about and therefore skip. This is something you could ask them about.

Please help.

Ninja Lead Moderator

The devs have agreed to install Ark media and test it out and see if we can provide support for it or not. Please give them some time to figure this out.

Regards

eagledk Friend

<em>@zorroh 475082 wrote:</em><blockquote>I use Ark Media manager to prevent acces to all image folder. it is helpful for user also, he/she can access only his/her own folder… anyway.

With Gallery i cant use Ark Media Manager, because when i click add image it gives default joomla media manager. so i talked with Ark Media and they told me following thing:

There is only one other criteria that the page must pass in order for the Ark Media to be loaded in, it’s a bit techy so I’ll try and simplify the explanation! Basically when Joomla loads in the content fields it fires the above mentioned onContentPrepareForm event for custom extensions to merge extra data & fields in. For example the Article page contains fields such as a title and category list etc. The Article page also loads in a field called “media” which loads up the media manager in places like the “Intro Image” etc. It is then that the Ark Media looks for all “media” fields and swaps them for the Ark Media instead. This means that if the JA template is correctly loading using Joomla’s onContentPrepareForm event then it must also be adding Joomla’s default “media” field for the Ark Media to intercept otherwise it will be skipped.

Therefore JA may be using a custom field to load the media manager which the Ark Media won’t know about and therefore skip. This is something you could ask them about.

Please help.</blockquote>

I also have this problem.

eagledk Friend

<em>@zorroh 475082 wrote:</em><blockquote>I use Ark Media manager to prevent acces to all image folder. it is helpful for user also, he/she can access only his/her own folder… anyway.

Please help.</blockquote>

I also have this problem.

Ninja Lead Moderator

This is the request to development team and you can follow the status it here

Ninja Lead Moderator

This is the request to development team and you can follow the status it here

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Guys,

The free version has been tested by dev but folder restrictions are in the paid version. If you can share the paid version for testing it would be great. I am trying to get in touch with the Ark Media developer to get a copy for our testing in the mean time.

Please note that, limited support will be available on monday and tuesday. So this would be worked upon on wednesday and hopefully the solution should be available soon.

Regards

Arvind

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi Guys,

The free version has been tested by dev but folder restrictions are in the paid version. If you can share the paid version for testing it would be great. I am trying to get in touch with the Ark Media developer to get a copy for our testing in the mean time.

Please note that, limited support will be available on monday and tuesday. So this would be worked upon on wednesday and hopefully the solution should be available soon.

Regards

Arvind

zorroh Friend

It appears that Teline 5 gallery content is not quite using standard JForm for the gallery field which is why it isn’t being loaded up. The reason is that standard Joomla XML fields look like: < field type=”media”… whereas the gallery field is: < item type=”media”…

zorroh Friend

It appears that Teline 5 gallery content is not quite using standard JForm for the gallery field which is why it isn’t being loaded up. The reason is that standard Joomla XML fields look like: < field type=”media”… whereas the gallery field is: < item type=”media”…

Ninja Lead Moderator

@zorroh: Our dev has tried to find out the way to implement Ark Media with our product but it’s more complicated than we expected.

Give him more time for further investigation on this. I will let you knnow whenever having updates.

Ninja Lead Moderator

@zorroh: Our dev has tried to find out the way to implement Ark Media with our product but it’s more complicated than we expected.

Give him more time for further investigation on this. I will let you knnow whenever having updates.

Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello,

I have updated JA Content plugin to use Ark media for Gallery content, for quick update, please download attached file, extract and copy 2 files in that folder to replace following files on your site

plugins/system/jacontenttype/layouts/joomlart/fields/items.php
    plugins/system/jacontenttype/models/fields/asset/script.js

1. jacontenttype.zip
    Thanh Nguyen Viet Friend

Hello,

I have updated JA Content plugin to use Ark media for Gallery content, for quick update, please download attached file, extract and copy 2 files in that folder to replace following files on your site

plugins/system/jacontenttype/layouts/joomlart/fields/items.php
    plugins/system/jacontenttype/models/fields/asset/script.js

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Thanh Nguyen Viet 8 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum