Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

I have merged together my three sites therebel.org, rebelnews.org and rebel-institute.org and parked the therebel.org and rebelnews.org domain names on the main rebel-institute.org domain name. After turning off development mode in the JA Social template, I get rows and rows of numbers on top of the screen when using two of the three domain names. I suspect this has something to do with the caching.

n6rej Friend

there was a fix for that recently.. would you please update all your JA software via JAEM

Andrew Winkler Friend

I tried that, but the problem persists.

n6rej Friend

I’ve referred this to our ticket system so dev’s can take a look.

Andrew Winkler Friend

The problem still exists in different browsers (Firefox, IE, Safari) if I’m not logged in.

The numbers produced on top of the page look like this:

1333674392 1333672655 1333672257 1333664988 1333663968 1333659582 1333648940 1333645831 1333645661 1333635112

Andrew Winkler Friend

This problem is still going on. As soon as I turn off development mode in the JA Nex template, visitors get a dozen of lines with funny numbers on top of the homepage (therebel.org) if they are not logged in.

HeR0 Friend

Hi Andrewwinkler
    The issue is fixed on the latest version of JA T3 framework, please upgrade your JA T3 plugin.

Regards.

Andrew Winkler Friend

I did what you said, upgrade to the new JA T3 framework, with the result that my website now produces blank pages only. After rolling back, everything is fine again. Interestingly, the problem with the zeros on top of the page seems to be gone, when not logged in. I still wouldn’t mind being able to upgrade to the latest T3 framework without disabling my site though.

Andrew Winkler Friend

Oh, no!!! The funny numbers have come back.

HeR0 Friend

Hi
    Because it is cookie so when you get it one time then you will see numbers have come back. So you must clear all cookie and cache on your browse.

Regards,

Andrew Winkler Friend

So that explains why my initial problem – funny numbers when not being logged in – temporarily disappeared, but I still haven’t got a solution for fixing it, because when trying – as suggested – to upgrade the JA T3 framework, my site goes kaputt.

HeR0 Friend

Hi,

Number of issues which are fixed in latest version of T3, those are the error of cookie creation so after you upgrade JA T3 Framework, remember to clear cookie on you browser first.

Regards,

Andrew Winkler Friend

As described earlier, when I upgraded to the latest version of the JA T3 framework my site went kaputt. All I received was blank pages. I doubt this has anything to do with the cookies of my browsers because my visitor numbers dropped to zero over the 5 hours period that my site site was down until I rolled back the JA T3 framework upgrade. The cookies couldn’t have caused my visitor numbers to go down from 200-300 to zero over that period.

HeR0 Friend

Hi
    If you upgrade JA T3 via JA Extensions Manager then may be you have problem. So i suggest you should download latest JA T3 plugin from forum then install override it on your site.

Regards,

Andrew Winkler Friend

I did that and this time the site didn’t go blank. The funny numbers when not being logged in disappeared too, which is great. Thanks for that. Unfortunately, a new problem appeared instead. My site has a number of alias domain names which are ‘parked’ on the main domain name. Normally, when using one of the aliases, they get redirected to the main domain name via the .htaccess file. An example of the htaccess settings is this:

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^powerofno.org$
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.powerofno.org$
    RewriteRule ^/?$ “http://therebel.org” [R=301,L]

Anyhow, the new problem is this. When development mode is disabled, the menu links in the main menu suddenly link to one of the alias domain names and users can no longer log in because after entering their credentials, the site switches to an alias domain name, thinking the user is not logged in as yet. I suspect a caching problem. However, if I enable development mode, the problem goes away, even with caching fully enabled.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew Winkler 11 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum