Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Is it possible to get a full / complete quick install version of Social II? I do understand Jomsocial and Easysocial are licenced and not included. However, I do have licence’s for both of these so it would be helpful when I’ve installed them and CB work exactly as the demo. I’m very interested to develop and evaluate all three social software communities side by side now it seems the opportunity has arisen with Social II.

The issue I have right now for example is I’ve installed the quick version 3x and demo content. Then installed Jomsocial 4.1.2 to start with but having terrible trouble configuring it so the notification buttons, user name and logout appear correctly top right of the page. I don’t know if I’m not configuring it incorrectly or if possibly Social II is not is not yet fully compatible with JS 4.1.2 ?

I read a member of staff (Tom?) recommends installing the Quick install version first and delete what is not wanted and as he further say’s “why reinvent the wheel”. Sounds like completely solid and good advice to me 🙂

So before even thinking about reinvent the wheel, I wonder if it’s possible to download or have sent a quick install version that works out of the box when I install my licenced versions of the social software?

It would be truly helpful indeed 🙂

Cheers!

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello @gugge1
    I understand Your Point of view to use full package installation on your site . But the Easysocial and Jomsocial all Commercial extensions it does not comes with Quickstart Package , Also we are not authorized to sell Paid Third party extension with template packages as i directly hit there product .
    You need to configure them manually with Help of documentation , If you are facing any Problem in it , You can open a thread On forum and post the relevant details in it , We will help you to fix the problem .

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello @gugge1
    I understand Your Point of view to use full package installation on your site . But the Easysocial and Jomsocial all Commercial extensions it does not comes with Quickstart Package , Also we are not authorized to sell Paid Third party extension with template packages as i directly hit there product .
    You need to configure them manually with Help of documentation , If you are facing any Problem in it , You can open a thread On forum and post the relevant details in it , We will help you to fix the problem .

gugge1 Friend

Yep, I kind of understood the licencing situation and thanks for verifying it for me. From what I gather from your reply there’s no work around. I ‘ll have to start “reinventing the wheel” :((

So here’s a quick specific yes / no question: Is Social II fully compatible with Jomsocial 4.1.2 ?

Thanks

gugge1 Friend

Yep, I kind of understood the licencing situation and thanks for verifying it for me. From what I gather from your reply there’s no work around. I ‘ll have to start “reinventing the wheel” :((

So here’s a quick specific yes / no question: Is Social II fully compatible with Jomsocial 4.1.2 ?

Thanks

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    template is upgraded for Jomsocial , As i said above If you are facing any Problem in it , You can open a thread On forum and post the relevant details in it , We will help you to fix the problem .

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    template is upgraded for Jomsocial , As i said above If you are facing any Problem in it , You can open a thread On forum and post the relevant details in it , We will help you to fix the problem .

gugge1 Friend

Thanks for your reply pankajsharma. To be clear you’re saying YES Social II 1.0.2 is fully compatible with Jomsocial version 4.1.2?

Thanks

gugge1 Friend

Thanks for your reply pankajsharma. To be clear you’re saying YES Social II 1.0.2 is fully compatible with Jomsocial version 4.1.2?

Thanks

TomC Moderator

<em>@gugge1 501375 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yep, I kind of understood the licencing situation and thanks for verifying it for me. From what I gather from your reply there’s no work around. I ‘ll have to start “reinventing the wheel” :((</blockquote>

If you obtain your personal licenses for JomSocial and/or EasySocial … and if you installed the template via the quickstart + sample data installation process … then much of the guess work should be done for you. For elements where you may require a bit of additional guidance, you can refer to the JA SOCIAL II USER GUIDE – which provides guidance on how to configure each component.

TomC Moderator

<em>@gugge1 501375 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yep, I kind of understood the licencing situation and thanks for verifying it for me. From what I gather from your reply there’s no work around. I ‘ll have to start “reinventing the wheel” :((</blockquote>

If you obtain your personal licenses for JomSocial and/or EasySocial … and if you installed the template via the quickstart + sample data installation process … then much of the guess work should be done for you. For elements where you may require a bit of additional guidance, you can refer to the JA SOCIAL II USER GUIDE – which provides guidance on how to configure each component.

gugge2 Friend

As you’ve pointed out it’s best to work from the quick start and delete what’s not needed. As the quick start does not offer this advantage for said social software that Social II template is designed for I’ve used the user guide as suggested. I’ve spent many hours trying to figure the rest of it out. Unfortunately not there yet :((
    I’ll now start submitting support requests for the issues that don’t seem to be covered by the guide or mentioned in the forum. This time consuming manual procedure really does amplify your recommendation to install the quick installs.
    Just imagine if there’s a work around for Jomsocial and Easysocial that would be 😎

Cheers!

gugge2 Friend

As you’ve pointed out it’s best to work from the quick start and delete what’s not needed. As the quick start does not offer this advantage for said social software that Social II template is designed for I’ve used the user guide as suggested. I’ve spent many hours trying to figure the rest of it out. Unfortunately not there yet :((
    I’ll now start submitting support requests for the issues that don’t seem to be covered by the guide or mentioned in the forum. This time consuming manual procedure really does amplify your recommendation to install the quick installs.
    Just imagine if there’s a work around for Jomsocial and Easysocial that would be 😎

Cheers!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  gugge2 8 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum