Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Finally, the main work is done. Most articles are rewritten for Joomla purposes and I had a lot of hard times making everything work like it should, but the results are there and I am thrilled with the results. For some people it will give some trouble, cause the site is in Dutch.

Look at http://WWW.FROUBUURT.NL to see what i’ve made of the Teline III template.

Some things are left out, such as JA Tabs, not yet need for that, also left the comment plugin out at first. For such a small town where we live in, we don’t need comments, they can ask me about things face to face. 🙂

Some of you would like to know of course which components I installed also, I’ve used ALFcontact for the contactpage. Not really happy with it yet, it breaks the style a little bit. I used JoomLeague for our soccer club. I rebuild most of the templates for that, make it look like my website. Some parts I still need to change, but that’s future work.

I just wanted the site to be online again, from time to time things will be added and other things will be left out. Just visit it regular to be updated. I’ll be awaiting your comments.

mihirc Friend

Hello,

Nice clean website. Very nice. Just a small thing that I notice, when I visit the homepage, there is a lot of blank space on the right hand side column of the website. Probably some images, text advertisements you would like to fill it up.

Regards,
    Mihir Chhatre.

zipper Friend

<em>@mihirc 145477 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello,

There is a lot of blank space on the right hand side column of the website. Probably some images, text advertisements you would like to fill it up.

</blockquote>

True, i’m working it out with my sponsors right now. If everything goes right, i would be much better at the end of the week. But I had to show them something first, you aren’t willing to advertise on something you have never seen right? 🙂

Many thanks for your kind reaction, i was wondering if you’ve got any tips left for making it better.

scotty Friend

zipper;145471…and I am thrilled with the results.

So you should be. It looks very well.

aodto Friend

<em>@zipper 145471 wrote:</em><blockquote>Finally, the main work is done. Most articles are rewritten for Joomla purposes and I had a lot of hard times making everything work like it should, but the results are there and I am thrilled with the results. For some people it will give some trouble, cause the site is in Dutch.

Look at http://WWW.FROUBUURT.NL to see what i’ve made of the Teline III template.

Some things are left out, such as JA Tabs, not yet need for that, also left the comment plugin out at first. For such a small town where we live in, we don’t need comments, they can ask me about things face to face. 🙂

Some of you would like to know of course which components I installed also, I’ve used ALFcontact for the contactpage. Not really happy with it yet, it breaks the style a little bit. I used JoomLeague for our soccer club. I rebuild most of the templates for that, make it look like my website. Some parts I still need to change, but that’s future work.

I just wanted the site to be online again, from time to time things will be added and other things will be left out. Just visit it regular to be updated. I’ll be awaiting your comments.</blockquote>

There is a drawback of using Teline 3 with Sh404sef component that I have noticed. When we are direct to the deadlink and usually Sh404sef will direct us to its default 404 error page. But unfortunately it does not. Example, as you can see on your page “http://www.froubuurt.nl/sdfdf” there is a blank page with the unexpected module appeared with the page.

Mine happens as well!!! Unluckily, Sh404sef has no option to disable the 404 page. I don’t know if the developers can handle this minor issue.

dawidt Friend

I really like your work. Clean and good typography. Good luck with your project 🙂

penelopeb Friend

Good job! I like the looks of it. Clean and tidy with a professional touch. Really like it. What are you going to have in the blank space on the right? Lots of banners?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  penelopeb 14 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum