Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I worked on ja_nex template on my test server, http://infusion.mx/informativo and it was working perfectly, but after i migrated it to the production server, i started getting a lot of errors ( http://informativosonora.tv ). The main issue have been images, Frontpage is showing broken images. This server uses Plesk, and at first it seemed to be a permissions problem, however it seems that the problem persisted past that.

The frontpage is not showing any images, it would seem that it is trying to link to:
    http://informativosonora.tv/images/resized/media/k2/items/cache/“image name”_140_80.jpg

however such files do not exist. Is that size file generated by K2, or by the JA News Featured, and JA News Pro Modules?

Or what should I do to fix this?

**Edit: Has anyone installed a quickstart on a PLESK server? had to change some fodlers permission to 777, and that is definitely not even close to safe

swissa Friend

Hi itrejo,

I run off a plesk server and have no problems with permissions. All sit as they should from the quickstart.

I can’t even load your new site! So maybe a couple of questions might help someone locate your problem. Firstly you said you migrated from test to production. How? Did you use Akeeba backup to do it? (If not it could be the way to go). Second have you checked your configuration.php to check that the file paths are correct? Sometimes these don’t get written properly and need to be manually changed. Thirdly have you done a check in Joomla to see if the directories are writable? (System Info/Directory Permissions).

Ismael Trejo Friend

It would seem the server is temporarily down.

I did a manual migration (backup the Database, backup the files, move to new server, import database, upload files by ftp)

configuration.php is OK. Double and triple checked.

At first when I checked joomla for folder permissions, I got a “Not writeable” message on all folders, and we have been toying around with that to fix it. Much to my dismay it seems apache is not on the same (unix) group as the ftp user, so if I upload a files/folders by FTP, apache cant write to them, so the guy running the plesk server did (what I would a consider) an awful thing and set some folder permissions to 777.

If I install from quickstart again, how should I do it? just unzip, upload all files and run the install?

swissa Friend

<em>@itrejo 317993 wrote:</em><blockquote> the guy running the plesk server did (what I would a consider) an awful thing and set some folder permissions to 777.

If I install from quickstart again, how should I do it? just unzip, upload all files and run the install?</blockquote>

Wow! If that was my hosting company I’d be changing them quickly!!

I’m impatient so I upload the zip file to the server and explode it there (using Plesk filemanager). Haven’t had a problem to date doing that and it saves lots of time. But each to their own in the way to do it.

Best of luck with your weird server setup!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  swissa 11 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum