Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

this morning I discovered that the frontpage of our site is no longer showing its content. only the menu and top & bottom of the page.
    when i logged in to the backend i saw an error message in the frontpage manager, saying something like database error 28 something to do with no space left,
    anywayz it dissapeared later but the frontpage is still empty!
    what could be the issue here? I use the Ja News Frontpage Module and have other content be appearing on the home page too.

but nothing is there anymore!
    now I’ve put the site offline because it’s a life site, so if anyone wants to help, i can get u in to see.or if you tell me what i need to copy or so, then I’ll post that.

note: the rest of the site is perfectly fine!
    please help!!

site: http://www.bujinkan-belgium.net

el patron Friend

I can go in and take a look at it if you like. I’ll pm you my email address.

Note: you can also open a ticket. I’ve found if you provide the requested info in the ticket the joomlart staff are pretty good about getting in and taking a look.

gray Friend

Check if articles’ text is copy-pasted from MS Word. To avoid errors it’s better to copy through Notepad or using “Paste as Plain Text” button in Joomla editor.

kunoichidee Friend

I use JCE idetor which has a button to insert tekst through coming from Word. It filters out all Word garbage.
    So that is not the problem here, nor has it caused anything like this before. Before I hade the editor, I had only that the articles showed the garbage that came with Word, but never gave more trouble than that.

kunoichidee Friend

My host looked into it and gave me the following info:

<blockquote>I ran an strace on your joomla script and ran across these errors (among
    others which can be found in your ~/public_html/bujinkanbelgium/trace.txt file):

stat(“/home1/bujinka1/public_html/bujinkanbelgium/libraries/joomla/event/plugin.php”, 0x7fff126bd2e0) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
    2068 access(“/plugins/system/rokbox/themes/mynxx/rokbox-config.js”, F_OK) =
    -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
    2068 lstat(“/home1/bujinka1/public_html/bujinkanbelgium/mobile_device_detect.php”, 0x7fff126b6f20) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
    2068 stat(“/home1/bujinka1/public_html/bujinkanbelgium/templates/ja_teline_iii/layouts/default.php”, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=2436, …}) = 0
    2068 lstat(“/home1/bujinka1/public_html/bujinkanbelgium/components/com_content/helpers/image.php”, 0x7fff126b6000) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
    2068 access(“/home1/bujinka1/public_html/bujinkanbelgium/templates/ja_teline_iii/html/mod_jamegamenu/default.php”, F_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
    2068 stat(“/home1/bujinka1/public_html/bujinkanbelgium/templates/ja_teline_iii/css/mod_janewsticker.css”, 0x7fff126b9410) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

You just need to make sure that you have all of your files uploaded to their proper locations.
    </blockquote>

how is it possible that these files don’t exist? they just dissapeared!
    how do I fix this?

el patron Friend

thanks for the logon fp working janews 2 was disabled, I enabled it and set a couple of the settings similar to one of our teline III sites, no change in fp display.

What I did notice, and I am of zeroo help here, is that in admin–>menu (three of the menu’s are shown as the default ‘*’) I had this same exact problem earlier this year…I didn’t find out what the problem was until a couple months ago read a post here. JAZIN apparently does not work properly when changing the default menu via the template manager. I disabled jazin on your site but you still have three defalut menu’s….

When this happened to me…and I could not find a solution, I ended up reloading the template via quickstart to fix…this is not suggested for your site.

Hopefully you have opened your ticket and/or someone familar with the jazin ‘snafu’ can help.

Best Regards,
    Fred

kunoichidee Friend

uhm thx for lookin in, what do you mean when saying ‘fp working janews 2 was disabled’
    ja news I don’t use, just the Ja News Frontpage module. The Janews2 I never used, never was a problem.

Yes I know the Jazin generates automatically these default menus, I can’t seem to undefault them or remove them. But then again up till this happened this didn’t seem to interfere, cause problems.

so yes I will put in a ticket, but any help offered still here is always welcome!
    thx

Saguaros Moderator

@kunoichidee, your site is offline at the moment, please PM me an administrator account to access the site, so that I could have a closer look into the issue.

Saguaros Moderator

@kunoichidee!
    you forgot configuration of the home menu, i have viewed it’s configuration, i saw the following parameters

# Leading 0
    # Intro 0
    Columns 0
    # Links 0

as so, the front-page did not dipslay any articles, please re-configure those parameters to resolve this issue

Thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 13 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum