Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Frontpage Latest News which use “focus” layout Order by function doesn’t work correctly. I tried various Order by, but it seem doesn’t sort correctly. The main problem is that it should be sort by Date, DESC, but it doesn’t work correctly.

But when I try Joomla default layout, it does sort out correctly. So I think the problem is something have to do with “focus” layout.

Secondly How do I turn off AddThis’s “Share” botton on FrontPage.

Pls help how to get it work correctly.
    TIA

phong nam Friend

@ nawdin,

Please find my answers to your questions below:

1/ The article order of Latest News module.

As you may know Joomla does not support many order options inside the Latest News module, especially on our JA Magz, it is configured to display the “Recent Added First” articles.

However, there is a rule of sorting the latest articles that might make you confused. The focus layout of this module will display the latest articles sorted by the hit. It means that one of the latest articles with the highest hit will be displayed as a heading article.

In addition, 3 following articles below the heading article are filtered to display by using the keywords that you can find in Metadata Options tag of article.

That is the order rule of this module on our template, NOT error actually.

2/Secondly How do I turn off AddThis’s “Share” botton on FrontPage.

You just need to turn off the Addthis integration option in Template Manager >> Template Styles >> General.

nawdin Friend

Hi Leo Burnetts, firstly thanks for your reply. I’ve been waiting for the reply/answer for over 24 hours.

So How can I modified the code or What to do, to be able to sort by “Recent Added First” instead of sort by hit. As a News organization, there is no sense to sort by hit for the newly added articles. We have to display the Latest added articles on Top. Otherwise there is no good use of the template.

When I check the focus.php I can see that it is sort by hit. So is there any small change I can make to be able to sort by “Latest Added First”.

2/ I want to disable “Addthis “Share” botton ONLY on FrontPage, but want to use it in detail page. Is that possible.

Thanks you

phong nam Friend

@nawdin:

1. You can try to backup and open templatesja_magzhtmlmod_articles_latestfocus.php file, then remove or comment lines:

//sort those latest article by hits
    $compare = create_function('$a, $b', ' if ($a->hits == $b->hits) { return 0; } return ($a->hits < $b->hits) ? 1 : -1; ');
    uasort($list, $compare);

By this way, the module will display the default order of Recent Added First defined inside its helper.php.

2. Yes. You can create a custom.css file at templates/ja_magz/css/ path and put these override css rules into:

.home .addthis_button_compact {
    display: none;
    }

nawdin Friend

Hi Leo, works like charm. Got exactly as I wish.

Thank you very much for your help.

phong nam Friend

You’re welcome 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  phong nam 10 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum