Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello there?

I am unable to display on the front page the items. As soon as I add a new item on the front page, the layout shifts and the LEFT and RIGHT positions are displayed somewhere at the bottom.

I have tried changing the Layout Style in [mod_janews_fp] but it does not seem to be making any positive difference.

http://www.imagineguinee.com

I would want to have the items displayed JUST as in tghe demo with out any conflict. I don’t know if my problem is related to some sizes of something else so that certain news items cannot be displayed on the front page.

Please help.

Walt Kennedy Friend

I have the same problem – if I edit any article in the demo, after edit that section’s front page has shifted left and down – everything to the right of the second column shifts. It happens after any article in a section is edited – only the section’s front page containing the edit is affected – very frustrating.

Seems that any edit to any article in demo or add new article will cause positions to go haywire. When I unpublish an article I have edited, positions revert to correct. Even when I open an article and copy it in its entirety, then create new article and paste what I’ve copied, it throws off module positions, then when I unpublish the new article, module positions return to correct. Is it just that the demo content cannot be changed?

ukfraternite Friend

Any help on this matter?

ukfraternite Friend

Any solution, please?

Walt Kennedy Friend

I think my problem was caused by pasting previously formatted text into articles. After stripping text of all formatting and then posting, modules appear in the correct positions. You might try pasting into notepad, textedit, or another plain text editor, saving as unicode, then copying that and pasting into your article. I experimented for hours before I came across this (even though there are several posts on the subject.) One more thing, rather than editing an existing article, try creating a new one – unpublish or delete the corrupt one. I hope this helps.

ukfraternite Friend

My problem happened after I created a new content. I do NOT usually add content by replacing existing content.

If at least the Designers of the template could say something….

felsimedia Friend

my friend,
    use pure text…use notepad if you will paste something. dont directly paste from any other programs like microsoft word, etc.

for now try typing just one word in an article and check what will happen. unpublish the article you have now and see what shall happen

gsawyers Friend

I, too have had this same problem. It’s very frustrating not to mention time-consuming trying to figure out what is wrong. I have done everything according to instructions, to no avail. I will try wkennedys suggestion and try pasting in notepad first. It may be an interim solution. However, I expect that the designer should help us out – after all we did pay for this.

No disrespect intended but I was eager to have my site up and running. Nearly a week later – nada!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  gsawyers 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum