Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hey there,

on the front page of the Norite Template there’s this huge logo & main navigation bar above the slideshow module – but I’d like my front page to look like the rest with the smaller logo on the left side and the navigation bar right next to the logo, NOT thereunder.

Can someone help!?

Thanks!

uniquebiz Friend

h4n5;178274Hey there,

on the front page of the Norite Template there’s this huge logo & main navigation bar above the slideshow module – but I’d like my front page to look like the rest with the smaller logo on the left side and the navigation bar right next to the logo, NOT thereunder.

Can someone help!?

Thanks!

Hey There,
    Can you supply the site url so I can see for myself, please or screen shots are good to describe just what you wish
    Cheers Shannon

h4n5 Friend

Don’t have an URL yet but you can have a look here:

http://templates.joomlart.com/ja_norite/index.php
    That’s the standard layout of the index page. The logo and the navigation bar are centered and the navigation bar is below the logo.

http://templates.joomlart.com/ja_norite/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=68&Itemid=131
    That’s the standard layout for any page that is NOT the index page. Logo and navigation are next to each other, logo left-aligned and navigation right-aligned. That’s what I want my index page to look like, too.

Thank you!

uniquebiz Friend

h4n5;178290Don’t have an URL yet but you can have a look here:

http://templates.joomlart.com/ja_norite/index.php
    That’s the standard layout of the index page. The logo and the navigation bar are centered and the navigation bar is below the logo.

http://templates.joomlart.com/ja_norite/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=68&Itemid=131
    That’s the standard layout for any page that is NOT the index page. Logo and navigation are next to each other, logo left-aligned and navigation right-aligned. That’s what I want my index page to look like, too.

Thank you!

No worries h4n5, what you need to do is enter the administrator backend and open ‘Menu manager’/ Main Menu and set whatever item that is a “Secondary” article layout item as the default menu item. It will then display as per your wants.

Using the latest Norite QS locally I made the second menu item ‘typography’ the default menu frontpage , however in a live site you would also remove or unpublish the main menu item “Home” and rename the new default item as Home to keep with standard menu convention.

I have added a video of this process to assist all members. Please view at 1920 x 1080
    Link to Video: http://monsoftwebdesign.net/tutorials/changing_default_menu.htm

Hope this answers your question.
    Shannon

ooweboo Friend

Perfect Thanks You

psamtani Friend

Hi Uniquebiz,

I have the opposite problem. I have changed my Home menu item to a K2 category and it no longer shows the large logo, and for the front page I would like it to…

Any advice would be greatlyu appreciated.

Regards

Prad

Saguaros Moderator

Dear all!

Here is the solution

1) please open the file templates/ja_norite/layouts/default.php and remove the following code at line 52:
    [PHP]<?php if ($this->isFrontPage()): ?>class=”ja-home”<?php endif; ?>[/PHP]
    Good luck

psamtani Friend

Hi tienhc…

I think you misunderstood… I need the opposite solution…. I need the large frontpage logo to be displayed on a specifiied menu item

psamtani Friend

If I replace the line with

<div id=”ja-wrapper” class=”ja-home”>

Then it forces the large logo to be displayed, but unfortunately on every menu item…. I need this to function only on specific menu items.

h4n5 Friend

Hey Shannon,

I didn’t have time to give it a try but that sounds good to me, so thanks a lot for your help!

Hans

*edit*
    works perfectly – many thanks!

ooweboo Friend

<em>@h4n5 178886 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hey Shannon,

I didn’t have time to give it a try but that sounds good to me, so thanks a lot for your help!

Hans

*edit*
    works perfectly – many thanks!</blockquote>

Here is the solution

1) please open the file templates/ja_norite/layouts/default.php and remove the following code at line 52:
    PHP Code:
    <?php if ($this->isFrontPage()): ?>class=”ja-home”<?php endif; ?>

Replace the above coding with <div id=”ja-wrapper” class=”ja-home”>

It worked for me, to keep the frontpage Bigo logo look for all pages

Thanks to all

Saguaros Moderator

Dear psamtani!

I think that you must to hard core to do this

You try to find the following codes:
    [PHP]
    <div id=”ja-wrapper” <?php if ($this->isFrontPage()): ?>class=”ja-home”<?php endif; ?>>
    [/PHP]

and replace:
    [PHP]
    <?php
    $itemIds = array(131,133); // array(ItemId1, Itemsid2. Itemid2)
    $itemId = (int)JRequest::getVar(‘Itemid’, 0);

?>

<div id=”ja-wrapper” <?php if ($this->isFrontPage() || in_array($itemId, $itemIds) ): ?>class=”ja-home”<?php endif; ?>>

[/PHP]

now pls replace 131,133 by other itemIds you would like.

Good luck

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 14 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum