Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    I’ve manually created some images for my articles, and when i post it on the frontpage, it gets resized, which I don’t want. How can i stop this?

envizion Friend

Ok guys,
    So I was able to go into the default.php and change the leading image size to the dimensions of the image I created. so things are looking ok right now. However.. my question still remains.. is there a way to not have the template automatically resize article images on the frontpage? I tend to use different dimensions for article images all the time.

gnubler Friend

I’m having the same issue. I’ve done the edit to default.php as described in this thread:

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/issue-on-frontpage-with-images/

And it sort of works. The image now is not being resized, but it is still generating a new image that is put in my images/resized/images/stories folder. If I apply a hyperlink to the image on my frontpage, it disappears after processing the new image. This is only happening on frontpage, nowhere else.

How do I stop the image resize process completely for frontpage?

gnubler Friend

Another issue with resized images on frontpage is that the resized image is being moved up to the start of the HTML content. You can see in my screenshot here where the arrow is pointing is where I am inserting the image (I have even tried handcoding it and not using JCE image editor), but when the page is saved and the image undergoes the resize process it is kicking the new image up like in the screenshot. I just want to turn off image resize – how?

toddman Friend

I had the same problem & found this to be the best fix. http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/stopping-image-resize/
    Good luck.

Phill Moderator

Just rename the templates>ja_opal>html>com_content>frontpage folder. That will restore the standard joomla frontpage blog layout.

toddman Friend

phill luckhurst;131808Just rename the templates>ja_opal>html>com_content>frontpage folder. That will restore the standard joomla frontpage blog layout.

Why do that? Just extract the template from the orginal download zip file & upload it. This will put everything back the way it was. I don’t see how this will fix the problem?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  toddman 14 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum