Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author

I am using T3 framework v2.4.9
    Uber template v2.1.1
    Joomla 3.4.3

When I try to edit a module in the fromt end i receive the following error message.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method AdvancedModulesViewEdit::getForm() in C:xampphtdocsMySitepluginssystemt3base-bs3htmllayoutsjoomlaeditfieldset.php on line 13

I am using Advaced Module Manager

I have noticed this issue on github

How can I fix this?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Johnny,

It’s weird! as I just tried to install AMM v.4.22.9 into Uber template in my local site but the editting module from front-end feature still works. I also use:

Joomla 3.4.3
    T3 framework 2.4.9
    Uber 2.1.1

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Johnny,

It’s weird! as I just tried to install AMM v.4.22.9 into Uber template in my local site but the editting module from front-end feature still works. I also use:

Joomla 3.4.3
    T3 framework 2.4.9
    Uber 2.1.1

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Johnny,

Joomla 3.4.3
    T3 framework 2.4.9
    Uber 2.1.1

johnnys Friend

Hi Saguaros,

I have completely started over again with a fresh install of Joomla 3.4.1, Uber 2.1.1 and T3 2.4.9

I cannot edit modules on the front end. The icon won’t appear! I am logged in as a super admin. I don’t have AMM installed this time.

No errors in console either.

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    Please provide your site URL & backend & CPanel access.
    I’ll help you inspect that directly on your site.

Note:// In basically you can try to search
    # layout frontediting_modules.php used to render module edit button
    # some css issue will cause break layout that you can’t see edit form ( even it’s still there )
    Try to check html at bottom of body

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

johnnys Friend

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately the site is on localhst and xampp. I did however find the file frontendediting_modules.php, ad the contents of this file are below – I’m not sure what I’m supposed to be looking for.

<?php
    /**
    * @package Joomla.Site
    * @subpackage Layout
    * @copyright Copyright (C) 2005 - 2015 Open Source Matters, Inc. All rights reserved.
    * @license GNU General Public License version 2 or later; see LICENSE.txt
    */

defined('_JEXEC') or die;

// JLayout for standard handling of the edit modules:

$moduleHtml =& $displayData['moduleHtml'];
    $mod = $displayData['module'];
    $position = $displayData['position'];
    $menusEditing = $displayData['menusediting'];
    $redirectUri = '&return='. urlencode(base64_encode(JUri::getInstance()->toString()));

if (preg_match('/<(?:div|span|nav|ul|ol|hd) [^>]*class="[^"]* jmoddiv"/', $moduleHtml))
    {
    // Module has already module edit button:
    return;
    }

// Add css class jmoddiv and data attributes for module-editing URL and for the tooltip:
    $editUrl = JUri::base() . 'index.php?option=com_config&controller=config.display.modules&id=' . (int) $mod->id . $redirectUri;

// Add class, editing URL and tooltip, and if module of type menu, also the tooltip for editing the menu item:
    $count = 0;
    $moduleHtml = preg_replace(
    // Replace first tag of module with a class
    '/^(s*<(?:div|span|nav|ul|ol|hd) [^>]*class="[^"]*)"/',
    // By itself, adding class jmoddiv and data attributes for the url and tooltip:
    '\1 jmoddiv" data-jmodediturl="' . $editUrl . '" data-jmodtip="'
    . JHtml::tooltipText(
    JText::_('JLIB_HTML_EDIT_MODULE'),
    htmlspecialchars($mod->title) . '<br />' . sprintf(JText::_('JLIB_HTML_EDIT_MODULE_IN_POSITION'), htmlspecialchars($position)),
    )
    . '"'
    // And if menu editing is enabled and allowed and it's a menu module, add data attributes for menu editing:
    . ($menusEditing && $mod->module == 'mod_menu' ?
    '" data-jmenuedittip="' . JHtml::tooltipText('JLIB_HTML_EDIT_MENU_ITEM', 'JLIB_HTML_EDIT_MENU_ITEM_ID') . '"'
    :
    ''
    ),
    $moduleHtml,
    $count
    );

if ($count)
    {
    // Load once booststrap tooltip and add stylesheet and javascript to head:
    JHtml::_('bootstrap.tooltip');
    JHtml::_('bootstrap.popover');

JHtml::_('stylesheet', 'system/frontediting.css', array(), true);
    JHtml::_('script', 'system/frontediting.js', false, true);
    }

johnnys Friend

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately the site is on localhst and xampp. I did however find the file frontendediting_modules.php, ad the contents of this file are below – I’m not sure what I’m supposed to be looking for.

<?php
    /**
    * @package Joomla.Site
    * @subpackage Layout
    * @copyright Copyright (C) 2005 - 2015 Open Source Matters, Inc. All rights reserved.
    */

$redirectUri = '&return='. urlencode(base64_encode(JUri::getInstance()->toString()));

if (preg_match('/<(?:div|span|nav|ul|ol|hd) [^>]*class="[^"]* jmoddiv"/', $moduleHtml))
    {
    return;
    }

// Add css class jmoddiv and data attributes for module-editing URL and for the tooltip:
    $editUrl = JUri::base() . 'index.php?option=com_config&controller=config.display.modules&id=' . (int) $mod->id . $redirectUri;

// Add class, editing URL and tooltip, and if module of type menu, also the tooltip for editing the menu item:
    $count = 0;
    htmlspecialchars($mod->title) . '<br />' . sprintf(JText::_('JLIB_HTML_EDIT_MODULE_IN_POSITION'), htmlspecialchars($position)),
    )
    . '"'
    // And if menu editing is enabled and allowed and it's a menu module, add data attributes for menu editing:
    '" data-jmenuedittip="' . JHtml::tooltipText('JLIB_HTML_EDIT_MENU_ITEM', 'JLIB_HTML_EDIT_MENU_ITEM_ID') . '"'
    :
    ''
    ),
    $moduleHtml,
    $count
    );

if ($count)
    {

}

johnnys Friend

<?php
    /**
    * @package Joomla.Site
    * @subpackage Layout
    */

{
    return;
    }

$count = 0;
    )
    . '"'
    :
    ''
    ),
    $moduleHtml,
    $count
    );

if ($count)
    {

}

jooservices Friend

Hi there
    Please bring it online than i can help you

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jooservices Friend

Hi there

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

jooservices Friend

Hi there

Thank you,
    Viet Vu

johnnys Friend

OK I will try upload it oline today temporarily. Is there something that I can check now myself though? Have you any rough idea what the issue may be?

I notice in Chrome dev tools that when I hover over the module, some edit module code appears in the console (shown below)

I when I move my cursor away the code disappears. Does this mean it’s a css issue?

johnnys Friend

OK I will try upload it oline today temporarily. Is there something that I can check now myself though? Have you any rough idea what the issue may be?

I notice in Chrome dev tools that when I hover over the module, some edit module code appears in the console (shown below)

I when I move my cursor away the code disappears. Does this mean it’s a css issue?

johnnys Friend

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)

This topic contains 51 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jooservices 8 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum