Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Migrated our news site from Teline II to III.

check us out HERE

We have work left to do but we are safely on Teline III with no going back!

Thanks to JA staff and community for our addressing our many questions.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi el patron,

Pretty well done. If you could elaborate on the steps you took to move over from T II to Teline III, it might be very useful to Teline users here.

Thanks

Arvind

sunrise Friend

Hi there, el patron,

You did a very good job there. I am sure it must have been a lot of work to do this, changing the template, but in the end it is worth it. One thing that happened to me that you might want to look into is when I tried to look at one of the videos on the front page. It started showing, but then just stopped and later when I went to look, the videos didn’t even show in the module. The photos are still there, but not the videos. Anyway, a great job,

Good luck!

mfcphil Friend

Love this site, I can see a lot of work has gone into it….shame about all the empty space bottom right hand side.

Keep up the great work!!

el patron Friend

<em>@sunrise 185745 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi there, el patron,

You did a very good job there. I am sure it must have been a lot of work to do this, changing the template, but in the end it is worth it. One thing that happened to me that you might want to look into is when I tried to look at one of the videos on the front page. It started showing, but then just stopped and later when I went to look, the videos didn’t even show in the module. The photos are still there, but not the videos. Anyway, a great job,

Good luck!</blockquote>

Hi Sunrice. thanks for taking a look. I checked the videos shortly after your post and they were working ok for me. Please let me know if you are still seeing this problem.

el patron Friend

<em>@mfcphil 185840 wrote:</em><blockquote>Love this site, I can see a lot of work has gone into it….shame about all the empty space bottom right hand side.

Keep up the great work!!</blockquote>

Thanks mfcphil. Lots and lots of work, but it’s a labor of love. Our content staff will fill up the empty space on the right hand side in short order. 🙂

Cheers from Colombia

el patron Friend

<em>@drarvindc 185184 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi el patron,

Pretty well done. If you could elaborate on the steps you took to move over from T II to Teline III, it might be very useful to Teline users here.

Thanks

Arvind</blockquote>

Thank you Arvind,

Our cutover script was fairly massive and hope to summarize it and post here in the near future. Here is one of the more important heads up to anyone moving to teline III.

– under teline II our article images would be automatically thumbnailed oj the fp/section/category blogs (by the template somehow) even when the image was below the readmore. teline III uses ja_thumbnail and will not work if the image is below the readmore. Our content folks worked the arcticles back to the last week or so, i.e. to move the images above the readmore.

we had other challenges and if anyone needs help please contact with a link to your forum post!

cansay Friend

I love the site, its very classy and nice 😉

Constructive critisime / feedback 🙂
    Videoes:

They are stored at youtube, so it should not be the sites fault.

Comment function:
    It just looks, works and seams VERY cool the one you are using.

Thumbnail problem.
    Could you give a link with an example maybe 🙂 ?
    Are you using a modul to show the news articles now or ?

MORE/.ja-zinlinks:
    If you could make them float to the buttom maybe 🙂 ?
    That would make the site EVEN more peacefull…

didima Friend

interesting men

billyk Friend

Wow! I have never seen a site that is so clean, easy to immediately find what I need, and a dedication to good principles of Graphic Design that has left me breathless…HOT!

el patron Friend

More ajax please 🙂

billyk Friend

I am so embarressed. that was a typo that i have since fixed. i really do love the design and layout!!

aaronfarias Friend

Very clean and easy to use.. i love it.

el patron Friend

Can’t wait to see Teline IV!

el patron Friend

<em>@aaronfarias 188061 wrote:</em><blockquote>Very clean and easy to use.. i love it.</blockquote>

we are loving the teline III over II. our rankings are up…our performance is better…I need a nap 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  el patron 13 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum