Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hello
    Is it possible to switch from 3 columns on desktop to 2 columns on tablets and then to 1 column on small devices instead off switching directly from 3 columns to 1 column (in the ja-bookshop template) when showing articles in 3 column blog layout on smaller devices?

best regards

1. column321
    Adam M Moderator

Hi @kjkhere,

Because it depends on the way you arrange your layout, content and HTML structure. For example some customers want the left column wider while others want the right column, then it’s hard to detect which column is wider or both left / right column is wider then the content and arrange them.

So we just use the default responsive behavior from Bootstrap, it’s not the best but it will work in most cases.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @kjkhere,

Because it depends on the way you arrange your layout, content and HTML structure. For example some customers want the left column wider while others want the right column, then it’s hard to detect which column is wider or both left / right column is wider then the content and arrange them.

So we just use the default responsive behavior from Bootstrap, it’s not the best but it will work in most cases.

kjkhere Friend

Thank you Adam – but honestly I did not understand the answer.
    I have all the columns in the same size.
    My ” problem ” is the great column in the second row , I’d like to have 2 small columns instead of this.
    But I do not know how to change the exsting bootstrap to obtain these.
    🙂

kjkhere Friend

Thank you Adam – but honestly I did not understand the answer.
    I have all the columns in the same size.
    My ” problem ” is the great column in the second row , I’d like to have 2 small columns instead of this.
    But I do not know how to change the exsting bootstrap to obtain these.
    🙂

Adam M Moderator

Hi @kjkhere,

Could you please provide your site url and provide a mockup screenshot about your desire result so I can assist better ?

kjkhere Friend

Hello Adam – some screenshots:

this 2 rows I want to get:

this way the template works:

😉

1. site-screenshot-I-like-to-have-this
    2. site-screenshot-1-big-row
    kjkhere Friend

Hello Adam – some screenshots:

this 2 rows I want to get:

this way the template works:

😉

Adam M Moderator

Hi @kjkhere,

Please open file /templates/ja_bookshop/css/custom.css then add this code :

@media (min-width: 480px) {
    .blog-featured .col-sm-4 {
    display: inline-block;
    vertical-align: top;
    width: 49.5%;
    }
    }

Adam M Moderator

Hi @kjkhere,

Please open file /templates/ja_bookshop/css/custom.css then add this code :

@media (min-width: 480px) {
    .blog-featured .col-sm-4 {
    display: inline-block;
    vertical-align: top;
    width: 49.5%;
    }
    }

kjkhere Friend

thank you Adam – I think this is the right way.
    But now the template starts with two columns – so I have to modify your code – so that it starts with 3 columns and than changes to 2 columns on smaller devices.
    But now I see how to do it.

1. 2-colums-literacy
    kjkhere Friend

thank you Adam – I think this is the right way.
    But now the template starts with two columns – so I have to modify your code – so that it starts with 3 columns and than changes to 2 columns on smaller devices.
    But now I see how to do it.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @kjkhere,

Glad to hear that you figured it out. If you still have any question or need further assistance, feel free to let me know.

Adam M Moderator

Hi @kjkhere,

Glad to hear that you figured it out. If you still have any question or need further assistance, feel free to let me know.

kjkhere Friend

Tanks Adam – I’ll try it –
    another problem, since days/ weeks : http://www.joomlart.com/demo/#ja_bookshop LIVE-DEMO is not working ??
    why?
    :((

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kjkhere 8 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum