Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Fresh install in Joomla 1.0.15 but blank.

No question or answer for this in the forum, so I post it here.

thanks

kallan Friend

Hi,

What browser are you viewing this in? Also can you provide a link to the site?
    Also can you confirm that you have selected the template as the default one to use.

Thanks
    Kiwidesign

prakdis Friend

hi kallan,

i view on IE 6.0 and 7.0 and yes i select the template as the default.

now i switch back to old template, so giving the link is also not really helpful.

ok, after downloading the template (in winzip format), then extract the files,
    next I only upload the file in Template folder (after winzip extract process) to the server

I also rename the folder in the server’s template folder as ja-teline..then set it as default in Joomla back-end

please guide whether the way I extract and upload the file is correct as this time the files for download are compiled together with the modules etc

thanks in advance

Sherlock Friend

Have u tried with latest version ?

producer111 Friend

I think your problem is related to the component “joomla comment”. There is indeed a slight problem with this component on IE but it can be easily fixed. All you have to do is to open the settings of “joomla comment” and try to select again the sections and categories for which you want to have comments. And also, try to play with “yes” and “no” button in these settings. This is around the bottom of the page of the main settings of “Joomla Comments”. For example, I think that this problem occur when you have sections or categories without any published articles. And this problem is only on the frontpage of the site.

prakdis Friend

yes nguoiabcd,
    i tried both version 1.1 and 1.2 for joomla 1.0.x

hi producer111,
    i don’t have joomla comment component installed.

thanks

Sherlock Friend

Can you view source of home page and upload here ?
    So i can understand what happens

prakdis Friend

i changed the folder to ja_template_ii and it works now, thanks for the help.

but new problem is main Menu does not appear as below :

Joomla 1.0.15
    IE : 7.0

i also try publishing Main Menu module on the right column, but it’s blank as well

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  prakdis 16 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum