Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Does anyone know where I can get some free Joomla Admin skins/themes?

I’m bored with the standard one with the black bar across the top.

Many thanks

bennitos Friend

why would you want to do that?

I know it can get boring but no-one see’s it and changing it can only cause problems. You wouldnt be happy if you cant administer your website anymore because the backend template is broken.

And now when you folow tutorials or are looking for answers it at least looks the same to the provided vids and screenshots.

roucou Friend

I like the Admin Praise Lite Template. It’s beautiful, light and FREE 🙂
    http://www.joomlapraise.com/free-joomla-templates/adminpraise-lite.php

mihirc Friend

<em>@bennitos 141612 wrote:</em><blockquote>why would you want to do that?

I know it can get boring but no-one see’s it and changing it can only cause problems. You wouldnt be happy if you cant administer your website anymore because the backend template is broken.

And now when you folow tutorials or are looking for answers it at least looks the same to the provided vids and screenshots.</blockquote>
    Hello,

The point is correct. But when as a developer I take up a project it is my job that the backend site looks exactly like the frontend. Because later on, I will not be administrator for it, it will be my clients who would be setting it up.

Hence many a times, I do have to template the administrator part as well.

Regards,
    Mihir Chhatre.

nefar Friend

<em>@roucou 142483 wrote:</em><blockquote>I like the Admin Praise Lite Template. It’s beautiful, light and FREE 🙂
    http://www.joomlapraise.com/free-joomla-templates/adminpraise-lite.php</blockquote>

That’s no bad looking — I”ve been looking for something nice and streamlined.

johnsamuels Friend

You should be spending time making the front end pretty, not the backend 🙂

itgl72 Friend

Interesting, I’ve never given any thought to the back end templates but it might be nice to start including it as a package.

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Dear itgl72,

Yaa, it does sounds a good idea for coloring up the Joomla Backend. However, it would need resource allocation (in terms of design, development, support) on JA end, rather, JA would prefer to release a free frontend template, that would be more beneficial to community.

May be in future, but backend template is not on JA list for now.

Arvind

imrozz Friend

hope this comes in the near future

K Schneider Friend

So, is joomlart already building a great backend template?
    I find the template that comes with joomla 3.x very very ugly
    😮

misteroram01 Friend

Actually backend template is not on JA list for now.

K Schneider Friend

Okey, but they could be the first with a chill backend template
    And when it’s build like al other JA Templates I think that all the JA users will love the template.

See it as an extra service and service costs time and indeed can not always be planned

muratyil Friend

Try this one
    Vallis is a free Joomla 2.5-Style Administrator Template for Joomla 3.x. It is fully Responsive and has 3 color options (Blue, Red and Green). Vallis is the Joomla 3 admin template based on Bootstrap.
    http://www.joomlatema.net/free-joomla-templates/194-vallis-joomla-administrator-template.html

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  muratyil 8 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum