Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I’ve a problem with my contact form on JA Methys for Joomla 1.7

When I want to send the form I’ve this error :

Language string failed to load: invalid_address: Vous devez saisir au moins une adresse de destinataire.
    Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /htdocs/public/www/components/com_contact/controllers/contact.php on line 115

direct link for test : http://www.stephanequerioux.fr/index.php/contacts/liste/9-le-webmestre

With my test I received the copy but not the message (other personnal email for my test)

For tester : Of course, you can create a test contact for your diagnosis. Please don’t use registered contacts 😉 – except “webmestre” ’cause it’s me –

Sincerely
    Franck

jooservices Friend

Hi
    I’m checking your issue in FTP please allow moment.
    Thank you
    Viet Vu

jooservices Friend

Fatal error: Call to a member function get() on a non-object in /htdocs/public/www/components/com_contact/controllers/contact.php on line 115

I’ve fixed this error.
    Another error actually i already known in your prev issue.
    I’m not sure it’s look like bug of Joomla . Let’s me more checking and reply to you
    Thank you
    Viet Vu

franckyky Friend

Hi viet vu,

Have you found something about the error message or must I temporarly unpublish the contact menu ?
    I would like an official opening before the september 20th, but if you want a more bit of time : there is no consequence. 😉

jooservices Friend

Hi
    Actually i’ve fixed it on your site so you can open it no prob.
    In deeply i still don’t know is this joomla bugs or not ( they should check data before use it ).
    Btw i think you can put your site online.
    Thank you
    Viet Vu

franckyky Friend

Hi,
    Ok Viet Vu, but is it normal I have this error message when I try to send a test message by using the form ? :

Language string failed to load: invalid_address: Vous devez saisir au moins une adresse de destinataire.

I think I’ll open the site when this problem will be solved because I am sure that the artist and the producer will say that no one can contact them 😉

jooservices Friend

Hi
    I’ll try to make patch your site for this issue. Because as i mentioned, i’m still confuse is this Joomla bug or not.
    Btw, although w/ above error msg do you still get email after submited contact ?
    Thank you
    Viet Vu

franckyky Friend

The contact doesn’t receive email, however I receive an email copy for me

jooservices Friend

Hi
    Just for clear:
    The contact: Which one we are trying to use form to send contact ?
    A email copy: A copy email sent to how have just sent contact ?

Thank you
    Viet Vu

franckyky Friend

exactly 😉 …

To make sure we understand each other :

visitors use the form to send a message to the webmaster.

visitors receive a copy by email
    the webmaster does not receive email

jooservices Friend

Hi
    I’m sorry but would you mind update PM me w/ you backend access again, need some check again 🙂
    Thank you
    Viet Vu

franckyky Friend

PM has been sent

Franck

jooservices Friend

Hi
    Got it.
    You are using a Joomla content ( article ) with custom layout and direct link to contact item.
    There should be trouble ( still can’t say is this joomla or not ). Because w/o itemid controller can’t load contact data -> can’t get email address for sending.
    Please assign these contact into menu or use Contact Category instead use Article
    or assign each contact into hidden menu and link to that.
    Thank you
    Viet Vu

franckyky Friend

To test the contact form, I use a contact list link in the menu

main menu -> contacts -> liste (sort contact by Contact Category)

but the result is the same

Franck

1. contactform
    franckyky Friend

I authorize you to create fictitious contacts in the backend and display on the frontend if you want to test

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  franckyky 12 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum