Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

This is very strange – I have installed Ja Hedera template and in login module link for “Forgot Your Password?” links to this link:
    http://template.joomlart.com/ja_hedera/index.php?option=com_registration&task=lostPassword

Anyone has any idea why is it and how I can fix it?

Joomla v. 1.5.10

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@inamike 121915 wrote:</em><blockquote>This is very strange – I have installed Ja Hedera template and in login module link for “Forgot Your Password?” links to this link:
    http://template.joomlart.com/ja_hedera/index.php?option=com_registration&task=lostPassword

Anyone has any idea why is it and how I can fix it?

Joomla v. 1.5.10</blockquote>

Hi inamike,

Would you consider sharing your live site URL, that way we can try? It makes it easier for other members to suggest more plausible solutions, rather than discuss this in abstraction.

This is indeed strange. Can you check your configuration.php? If you cannot solve it, maybe it is a good idea to disable the default login. Install some other registration/login software, like Communiy Builder (CB), or some others (perhaps other members will share what they use). One advantage of CB and other more sophisticated registration/login softwares, over the default in Joomla, is that they provide other features, like Captcha, validate that the registrant is using a valid email address (that must respond to an automated validation) and allow you to decide whether you want to approve the registration before the registration is actually activated.

The Captcha is a plugin that generates alphanumeric code (you can specify the number) that the registrants must enter. This is not fool proof, but it filters most bots and spammers.

There are other softwares that also allow you to control access of the contents of your website. I have not had a chance to try them yet.

Cornelio

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cgc0202 15 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum