Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

I am getting this error in IE:

Line 182
    Char 7
    Error: “document formvalidator is null or not an object”
    Code 0
    URL: http://revista.libroalibro.org/index.php

I went to the index.php and this is the code corresponding to lines 178-184:

<!-- BEGIN: JAZIN -->
    <?php if($tmpTools->isFrontPage()) : ?>
    <div id="jazin-fp">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="ja-news" style="raw" />
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <!-- END: JAZIN -->

To be specific line 182 has </div> on it.

What could be causing the error and HOW can we correct it.

Sherlock Friend

Hi anaivelisse !
    i think this is problem in validate.js file in mediasystemjs folder , You try to do following way below:
    – Download attachment file, extract it .
    – Copy and overwrite to mediasystemjs folder.

anaivelisse Friend

Hi Hainn-

After doing what you recommended, IE triggers the same error.

mcseller Friend

May you tell me how do you fix the error?

Thank you 🙂

Antonio

anaivelisse Friend

I haven’t Antonio. Everytime I load the page IE triggers the same error.

mcseller Friend

but how can it be? :((

Hope to find soon a solution :confused:

Sherlock Friend

Hi all !
    I have spent more hours for find solution for anaivelisse . but this is a strange problem , in your site seems IE don’t get validate.js file.

Menalto Friend

<em>@anaivelisse 64362 wrote:</em><blockquote>I haven’t Antonio. Everytime I load the page IE triggers the same error.</blockquote>

Can you try to remove the file ja.scripts.js from the index.php file? And see if the problem still is there?

mcseller Friend

I have the same anaivelisse’s same problem. I removed ja.script.js from index.php but the problem remain.

Menalto Friend

Try to right click and view source, find all JS files that is called up on the url where you have the problem.
    Remove them one by one until you hopefully get rid of the problem, when thats done lets us know which file it was. I know for sure that the ja.scripts.js file needs some adjustments, but in this case it was not that..

mcseller Friend

For now, my site works only in locale but I have this problem also when I make a fresh installation using quickstart or not! The problem, I think is in higslide files so this is what I did to solve this problem:

file: ja_teline_ii/html/mod_login/default.php

ORIGINAL LINE:
    window.addEvent(‘load’,function(){

MODIFIED LINE:
    Window.onDomReady(function(){

Try and let me know if it works!!! 😉

anaivelisse Friend

Hi Mcseller:

Your recommendation solved the validation problem, however had an impact in the Registration Form, making it showing scroll bars vertically and horizontally.

For other users facing the same problem, it can be fix in the same file as above (ja_teline_II / html / mod_login / default.php and editing the following lines, where you can set the width and height of the form.

<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_("index.php?option=com_user&task=register");?>" onclick="return hs.htmlExpand(this,
    {contentId: 'id_highslide_signup_1',outlineType:'rounded-white',width:350,height:380,outlineWhileAnimating:true} )" >
    <?php echo JText::_('REGISTER');?>

Hope this help..

mcseller Friend

thank you for your “thank you” 🙂

salvomic Friend

<em>@anaivelisse 64447 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Mcseller:

Your recommendation solved the validation problem, …

<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_("index.php?option=com_user&task=register");?>" onclick="return hs.htmlExpand(this,
    {contentId: 'id_highslide_signup_1',outlineType:'rounded-white',width:350,height:380,outlineWhileAnimating:true} )" >
    <?php echo JText::_('REGISTER');?>

Hope this help..</blockquote>

hi,
    I’ve the same issue in Internet Explorer 7.
    I’ve put validator,js and made the correction in height of the above CODE, but I get always this error “Line 341 – document.form.validator null or not object…”

Line 341 of html code is:

document.formvalidator.setHandler('passverify', function(value) {return ($('password').value == value); } );

All other browsers ok, both in Windows and in Mac OS X

Any help, please?

Salvo

Sherlock Friend

Hi salvomic !
    Mr.mcseller have post way for solve problem at : http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showthread.php?p=64696#post64696 .Please view to consult.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  salvomic 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum