Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I’ve ported over most of the old site to Joomla 1.6, with more work still to be done. First concern is fixing some obvious visual issues, like the “California Standup” text at the bottom of the page. Can someone advise me on how to correct the overlap and general messy-ness of the footer txt?

Thanks.

http://californiastandup.com

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@californiasup 221662 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’ve ported over most of the old site to Joomla 1.6, with more work still to be done. First concern is fixing some obvious visual issues, like the “California Standup” text at the bottom of the page. Can someone advise me on how to correct the overlap and general messy-ness of the footer txt?

Thanks.

http://californiastandup.com</blockquote>

californiastandup,

You have to share more info on what exactly you want to happen.

There is a similar thread on this that was resolved already. Also, in Hung’s intro (see sticky), you can access the Teline IV layout via the Backend. I believe if you buy the license, you can remove the T3 logo, and remove the “Designed by Joomlart”. You can do this via the Teline IV edit page in the backend.

The overlap may be avoided also by reducing the font size. Do a page source, and find the name of the CSS markup for the bottom text logo to a much smaller font size. In the other thread here, the guy wanted to replace it with an image (that way, it would not change when viewers have different font size setting).

Similarly, you can find CSS markup for the Top menu nav, and adjust the margins.

If you are confident enough to hack the script, there is also directory in the templates where the footer is defined.

templates => ja_teline_iv => blocks => footer.php

Delete, rearrange, etc. in conjunction with appropriate changes in the CSS markups for each component.

Unless it is your intention, there is too much unused “black real estate” at the bottom. User 11 and 12 can collapse to one whole page span. if you want. Make the menus place there horizontal, or something.

Finally, do you really think the visitor would pay too much attention, or decide whether or not visit your site again — because of what you placed in that black space? If not, it may be best to minimize the black real estate at the bottom, and place the contents elsewhere. For example, place them elsewhere, like the right1, right2 positions (for vertical menus).

In the proper hands, the black space can be use creatively to entice your target audience to visit the innards of your site. You just have to figure out how to do that.

Cornelio

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cgc0202 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum