Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hello for a couple of weeks I had the footer (site map) customized HTML module working perfectly. I updated one link 2 days ago and ever since the footer is not being displayed at all. The updated HTML link is not the problem since I removed the customized module and created the module again. It simply doesn’t want to display.

My site is: http://www.masque11.com/

Manos Moderator

Hi,

It looks like there is a non closing <div> tag on one of your articles, can you please try to unpublish any new articles and see if that helps you?

In order for you to be able to find the correct article and “clean” the code that causes the issue i suggest that you will do that on one article at a time.

Regards

luisvillamarin Friend

The problem was actually a module. As soon as I removed it, the footer came back.

Thanks.

Manos Moderator

Hi,

I am glad that your problem is solved, please don’t hesitate to ask for any more help if you need some!

Regards

luisvillamarin Friend

Pascm — I actually came across another issue in the template that I was using before I was using the following embedded code from Amazon in the ads:

<OBJECT classid=”clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000″ codebase=”http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab” id=”Player_53a7a563-8d6d-4550-b6fb-c506cf7d5438″ WIDTH=”300px” HEIGHT=”250px”> <PARAM NAME=”movie” VALUE=”http://ws.amazon.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&MarketPlace=US&ID=V20070822%2FUS%2Fmasque11com-20%2F8003%2F53a7a563-8d6d-4550-b6fb-c506cf7d5438&Operation=GetDisplayTemplate”><PARAM NAME=”quality” VALUE=”high”><PARAM NAME=”bgcolor” VALUE=”#FFFFFF”><PARAM NAME=”allowscriptaccess” VALUE=”always”><embed src=”http://ws.amazon.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&MarketPlace=US&ID=V20070822%2FUS%2Fmasque11com-20%2F8003%2F53a7a563-8d6d-4550-b6fb-c506cf7d5438&Operation=GetDisplayTemplate” id=”Player_53a7a563-8d6d-4550-b6fb-c506cf7d5438″ quality=”high” bgcolor=”#ffffff” name=”Player_53a7a563-8d6d-4550-b6fb-c506cf7d5438″ allowscriptaccess=”always” type=”application/x-shockwave-flash” align=”middle” height=”250px” width=”300px”></embed></OBJECT> <NOSCRIPT><A HREF=”http://ws.amazon.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&MarketPlace=US&ID=V20070822%2FUS%2Fmasque11com-20%2F8003%2F53a7a563-8d6d-4550-b6fb-c506cf7d5438&Operation=NoScript”>Amazon.com Widgets</A></NOSCRIPT>

Now for some reason the ads are not showing.

Thanks in advance!

Manos Moderator

Hi,

I can’t see that code on your web site, you can send me via PM your admin details so i can investigate this for you ?
    Also please tell me the exact position you want this to be published.

Regards

Manos Moderator

Hi,

I have tried to recreate the custom html module with the code you have provided to me but it looks like it’s causing your web site to break when i enable this to your front end.

Unfortunately i wasn’t able to tell if this is the correct code or not for that add so i suggest you should also ask for an advice from the Amazon web services if they can inform you about this code and if it’s broken or not.

luisvillamarin Friend

Thanks for getting back to me. I have contacted amazon and they revised the code and everything seems to be ok with it, in fact I have created sample html document with locally to see if it displays the add and it does. Do you have any ideas why the template is not displaying flash?

This a screenshot of the test I did with with the HTML document:

1. ad-amazon
    Manos Moderator

Hi,

I don’t know but i get a lot of blank pages when i am trying to work on your website, maybe you are facing more issues with your host than with this add.

Regards
    Manos

Update: Can you please compare the code you have on your localhost html for that Amazon add is the same as the one on your web site because i have tried the same on my localhost and it’s not working

luisvillamarin Friend

Manos – Thank you again for helping me out through this process. We have are in the process of adding content to the website and so far we have only 10 articles or less, This may be the reason why have several of the sections and pages blank.

I tried to replicate the problem ‘white pages’ but I’m still getting content on the few pages that we have assigned content to.

I also check with my host and check other websites(joomla) that I have in the same server and they have no issues. I tried using the code in another website (joomla) different template and it worked.

Should refer this problem to Tech Support directly?

Thanks!

Luis

Manos Moderator

Hi Luis,

I can see that your problem here hasn’t been resolved yet but the most weird thing is that i can’t even make that code work on my localhost or a live site with any template and that makes me wondering have you checked the custom html module to see if your browser striped any of the html tag’s ?

Please let me know if you need any more help .

Regards

Manos

luisvillamarin Friend

For some reason it doesn’t work on Joomla. I tested on another website and still it doesn’t run.

Thanks Manos for following up!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  luisvillamarin 12 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum