Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I am having a few issues with my Teline IV template’d site. Keeping them all together, in case they are related…

The website is – http://www.progressivetalks.com

I am using the J1.5 version…

I am trying to design a website based on this layout, but on which registered users can submit articles, have a profile and comment on other articles. I would prefer facebook integration so users can connect using facebook (twitter, gmail, etc) instead of manually registering.

I want all of these articles to display in the catergories shown on the page and through the template modules, such as frontpage, news portal, etc..

Since K2 seems to be the better CMS, I am trying to use this to structure the site but I am struggling to find a easy setup for my users to register and submit articles…

I also have found that after registering, I cannot submit articles into k2… – (PROBLEM 1)

My thought was to sign up to the ja extensions club and install the ja comment plugin, but I’m wondering, when users sign in using facebook (or other id’s), are they registered as a member on my site? Is there a way to do this so they automatically have a username on my site? – (QUESTION 1)

——————————-

I am finding that my site’s name – Progressive Talks – will not fit inside the footer banner at the below. Is there a way to fix this? Also how can I edit the footer/copyright text? – (PROBLEM 2)

——————————-

The other issue I am having is that my site logo is only showing on the home page, as soon as I click on one of the categories in the magazine menu, the Teline IV logo replaces my uploaded logo. How do I fix this? – (PROBLEM 3)

———————————-

Any advice on these issues would be greatly appreciated.

The main issue is that I am struggling to deal with how to structure this site and have it perform the function I want it to…

Basically it will be a discussion board/forum, but I’m wanting it to be a bit more interactive and attractive then the standard, basic forum board, thus why I’m trying to adapt this template to suit my needs.

Thanks again,

Jake

jakeyboy Friend

Furthermore, an additional problem that I have noticed is that my k2 articles/items are not being displayed on the front end.

For example, I have published an article called “Welcome” however if you go to the Home menu –> About Us –> Welcome, nothing is displayed on the page…

Thanks again.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  jakeyboy 13 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum