Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

HI Joomlart,

I’m using JA Community Plus for Joomla 2.5.
    My footer menu is displaying as a vertical menu only on the Contact form page (Mac OSX 10.6.8, Firefox 11). Everywhere else it displays normally as a horizontal menu.

On the problem page, there is also a white horizontal background displaying behind the footer area.

I think the problem might have something to do with the custom Contact form layout that comes with the template. What do I need to do to fix it.

In fact, you may not be aware of it, but your JA Community Plus demo has the same problem.
    Check it out:
    http://www.joomlart.com/demo/#joomla25-templates.joomlart.com/ja_community_plus

Please provide a fix ASAP.

Thanks,
    railer

TomC Moderator

Can you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing – or else provide the url of the site you’re working on?

I brought up our demo version and I am not seeing the display issue you are referring to.

railer Friend

<em>@TomC 316063 wrote:</em><blockquote>Can you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing – or else provide the url of the site you’re working on?

I brought up our demo version and I am not seeing the display issue you are referring to.</blockquote>

It’s not clear if you actually clicked on the Contact Us link in the top menu or not, but attached is a screenshot of the problem on the JoomlArt demo Contact Us page (same as what I am experiencing on my site.)

Thanks,
    railer

1. ja_communityplus_footer
    TomC Moderator

From what I can see, that is how the footer menus are supposed to display – as vertical lists.

EDIT/UPDATE:
    OH WAIT … MY BAD . . . I didn’t catch the menu in the right corner – my apologies.
    Okay, I’ll take a look into this.

I’m also not seeing the “white horizontal background” you elude to within the screenshots you provided.

railer Friend

Thanks Tom,

That white box was in the screenshot. I have it both on my site and on the demo. I think the vertical menu is just opening up the div and since the div isn’t transparent, it’s showing white . I bet it will go away when the menu is horizontal.

Could you please also look into another ticket I updated today but which was originally posted two months ago? It is about the lack of Labels on the contact form fields and also no asterisks on required fields. Please look in the new posts area or in the JA Community Plus forum..

Thanks,
    railer

railer Friend

Looking for an update on this thread… Is anybody on the global JoomlArt team not on vacation this week?

zizozoro Friend

Hello Mr.railer
    I have found the problem
    in your style sheet
    find

#ja-container .main {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF;
    padding: 0 0 20px;
    }

replace with

#ja-container .main {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 ;
    padding: 0 0 20px;
    }

can you provide me with your contact us link and i will point to you the target CSS file to change

Best Regards
    Abdelaziz

railer Friend

Hi Abdelaziz,

Thanks for your response. The file is template.css. The code you sent did not fix the problem. The code you posted added a space above the breadcrumbs below the mainbody.

The Contact Us page in the demo for JA Community Plus has the exact same problem. (You need to click the Contact Us text link near the top right.)

I’m pretty sure it may have something to do with a setting for the custom contact form layout that comes with the JA Community Plus template. I think I’m just going to have to build a form using a forms component so that I can launch this site, this week. Obviously, the JA team needs to fix since it appears to be a bug.

Any other ideas, please let me know.
    Railer

railer Friend

Hi TomC,

Any progress on a solution for this issue? JoomlArt was out on vacation when I first posted this, but should now be back. Please take a look asap. I need to launch this site and this is holding things up.

Thanks,
    railer

thefc_uk Friend

Hi Railer

I don’t know if you got a solution to this problem, but we are experiencing the same issue @ http://www.aceinternational.org

It seems to effected by the module position right-mass-top, where we have a Google Ads running. This seems to be causing the layout error, because when we disable the module all is well. The logo rotator below in the same position does not effect the footer :confused:

Any solution would be great 🙂

railer Friend

Hi Stuaforr,

Thanks for reminding me about this thread. I never heard back from the JoomlArt folks regarding this issue, so I ended up making my own Contact Us form page in another form component (RSForm Pro) and disabled the default Contact form. Problem fixed.

At first glance I don’t have any solution to your issue, but maybe with this extra info someone from JA can help you find a solution.

Best of luck,
    Railer

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  railer 11 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum